Thread: Prowler XT setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prowler XT setup

I'm setting up my Prowler that has 60# limbs. I have a26" dl and now I'm wondering if its even possible to shoot this bow at 60# with my short dl. Am I just reading the manual wrong?

HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

Default prowler XT

Capital ken I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you should have bought a 70 pound bow and set it on the -10 peg that would have allowed you to go to your 26 draw length at 60 pounds. You can reach your draw length on the -10 peg with your bow but your Max poundage will only be approximately 50 pounds.
    Last edited by themiddleman; 04-26-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised that the weight changes with length? I though the tension of the limbs was what changed poundage more than the length? Must be something with the fury xt cam? I set up a 60# ridge hunter with accutrak cams for a buddy and his is set to 27" and his weight is 62#s
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    I am surprised that the weight changes with length? I though the tension of the limbs was what changed poundage more than the length? Must be something with the fury xt cam? I set up a 60# ridge hunter with accutrak cams for a buddy and his is set to 27" and his weight is 62#s
    AcuTrak was a different cam with a different module setup. With the XT cam when you move the string from the standard peg to the -10 peg it means just that; 10# less peak weight. If you move it to the -20 peg it's 20# less. That's how they can advertise it with a 35# weight range. Along with the weight range dropping there is a corresponding change in the draw length range. The orientation of the cam is changed which also changes the preload on the limbs.

If you want 60# out of the bow with the present draw length then I suggest you take the bow back to your dealer and see if he'll swap it for a 70# model or have him call Martin and maybe they'll swap limbs.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver