Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Pantera

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Pantera

Who is shooting one? How's the performance? Kicking around the idea of picking one up I shot one awhile back and fell in love with the accuracy but I picked the onza instead.

It would be primarily a hunting rig and maybe some 3d shoots when I give the nemesis a break, lol. Talk me into buying one just don't twist my arm to hard lol
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I just got one and threw an old rest/sight on it (waiting for birth day gifts). Any way it sure is a smooth draw and piece of cake to set up. So, I am liking it. Do it. Do it. Do it.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    Who is shooting one? How's the performance? Kicking around the idea of picking one up I shot one awhile back and fell in love with the accuracy but I picked the onza instead.

It would be primarily a hunting rig and maybe some 3d shoots when I give the nemesis a break, lol. Talk me into buying one just don't twist my arm to hard lol
    CURVEBALL!! How did you like the Onza?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Junior Member MartinIsMyMiddleName's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post

I was going to get the Onza, but picked up the Pantera instead. Anyway, I haven't had mine that long, but I'm really enjoying it. I've probably put about 400-500 arrows through it so far. Had someone at the range tell me it looked really fast - not sure that I could tell from just watching the arrow fly myself... - but its always nice to hear. I haven't put it through a chrono to find out.

Everything else is good, it might be a little noisy, but not loud enough that I've bothered to try and quiet it.
    2012 Martin Pantera, 60# Fury XT, Trophy Ridge Fire Wire V3, Trophy Ridge Revolution
    2012 Martin Tiger 10# T-Pro, Martin ESW, Martin IFC
    2012 Martin Tiger 5# T-Pro, Martin ESW, Martin IFC
    2006 Martin Cheetah 70# M-Pro, Trophy Ridge Punisher 5, NAP Apache

Post Thanks / Like

It is an awesome bow!! I had a Bear Attack before the Pantera and that was a great bow, fast and quiet. This Pantera isn't as quiet or fast as the Bear but it sure does draw a hell of a lot smoother and is a pleasure to shoot. I can shoot all day long and not feel fatigued, and its scary accurate. The longer ATA is something that I quickly fell in love with, it holds very steady and drives tacks. With all that being said my only complaint is that I have developed a buzzing noise in idler wheel, mostly likely shims but could be bearings (hoping just shims). I would not hesitate to buy this bow, you won't be dissapointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Side note: I'm shooting a 28" draw at 60#'s with a 404gr arrow and getting 255fps consistantly through the chrono. Like I said, not a speed demon but I hit my mark every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinIsMyMiddleName View Post
    I was going to get the Onza, but picked up the Pantera instead. Anyway, I haven't had mine that long, but I'm really enjoying it. I've probably put about 400-500 arrows through it so far. Had someone at the range tell me it looked really fast - not sure that I could tell from just watching the arrow fly myself... - but its always nice to hear. I haven't put it through a chrono to find out.

Everything else is good, it might be a little noisy, but not loud enough that I've bothered to try and quiet it.
    I like my Onza. IMO it draws a little more harsh. It is very fast. It did kill 2 does and 2 rocks so, it is a killing machine. IMO the single cam Pantera is just smoother draw. I am happy with both.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    I just got one and threw an old rest/sight on it (waiting for birth day gifts).
    He hopes. LOL

As far as the Pantera is concerned, it wouldn't have been made for so many years if it wasn't a good bow.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    CURVEBALL!! How did you like the Onza?
    Loved it tuned out well and drove tacks at ibo speed sold it to upgrade and I gotta say the nemesis 35 does everything the onza did only a tad bit quieter. I shot solo cams all 14 years of my archery life before the onza and I just miss the simplicity of them.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

If I picked one up it wouldn't be until probably 3 maybe 4 weeks from now and it would have to be bonz camo with cloaked cams I always loved the look of the cloaked cams, and I always loved my Martin solo cam bows...... Must be a sign I HAVE to get one lol.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum