Thread: Another one? What for?

Sonny Thomas

Default Another one? What for?

Pertaining to bows, how many of you have asked this? What for? What's wrong with the one you have? And any other ways of questioning the want of another bow?

I hadn't really thought about it, I mean the wife asking this, until today. I had just finished shooting and was in the archery club meeting when I got a call from my dad. He needed some help as he had bought something at this auction. Okay, meeting over and over to his place. A piano? Okay, so me and my brother took off following dad and his trailer. Upright, low profile piano really looks super nice, I guess, if you're into pianos. I sort of question dad's motives, but the wife got him playing her electric lap organ a few weeks ago. So my wife's fault. So I got someone to blame
    So my brother and me lug the piano into dad's living through the dining room. And I count; one ten string electric guitar, one flat top quitar on a stand and this in the dining room. In the living room; one banjo, one rythm guitar, one bass guitar and one guitar he said he used as a back up. Yeah, and now add one piano.

And I have too many bows and want another?

So brain engaged I get home. The wife has a fishing pole rigged and propped next to the creek. I walk through the garage and count no less the 10 more fishing poles of hers, 3 tackle boxes and 3 buckets of assorted sizes for when hauls assorted catfish bait and whatever to go fishing.

Not withstanding, more than half our garage is filled with her collection of stuff from the many back yard sales she "just has to go to."

Point is, maybe I do have too many bows and maybe I don't need another bow, but now I have ammunition for that next bow
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 04-28-2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: omitted words

Post Thanks / Like

My wife quit asking me. I finally started asking her years ago WHY she needed another purse, another pair of shoes, more jeans and assorted knick-knacks.

Well she one day asked why I was asking her. I told her she always made me justify another bow, another gun, and more fishing gear. She quit asking me and I quit asking her.

I bought another pistol about two weeks ago. This week to my surprise I came home from work and my wife handed me a pistol case. As I took it from her I could tell it had a pistol in it. I asked, what is this? I expected to hear that someone she knew wanted me to fix it or something of the like, instead she says, I think I got a real good buy on it! I looked at the pistol and asked what she paid for it. My gosh, I trained her well. She got a super deal on it. She says if I don't want it she thought I could trade it in or sell it for more! I never get rid of any that come into my possession.

Now I have to figure out how I can buy her something .... or what to get her ....

Maybe a bow ...

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thank God you aren't into photography....

My camera equipment seemed to be getting a little old so I started updating it about a month ago....10k plus later....and I still feel there is another 3k I could easily spend, so when I look at my little collection of bows with one new one still on order and a Bear Minuteman I just had to scoop up on Ebay, I think the Archery is not too bad.

Sonny you are doing all right. Follow your heart, and one of my favorite sayings, "Stay Gold Pony Boy, Stay Gold!"

...and Mike G. I know you have got to know, THAT GIRL IS A KEEPER FO SURE!
    Last edited by peace; 04-28-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    My camera equipment seemed to be getting a little old so I started updating it about a month ago....10k plus later....and I still feel there is another 3k I could easily spend, so when I look at my little collection of bows with one new one still on order and a Bear Minuteman I just had to scoop up on Ebay, I think the Archery is not too bad.

Sonny you are doing all right. Follow your heart, and one of my favorite sayings, "Stay Gold Pony Boy, Stay Gold!"

...and Mike G. I know you have got to know, THAT GIRL IS A KEEPER FO SURE!
    Believe me Peace ... I thank God every day for allowing me to be with her! To think; it's only been 38 years.

Mike

Sonny Thomas

Default Another one? What for?

Mike, my wife is the original fishin' nut. I can buy her a new rod and reel and she's in 7th heaven. Throw in a couple of pretty sparkly bass lures and I got it "made in the shade." She's partial to blue metal flake bass lures and really big Jitter Bugs
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 04-28-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny, that's actually pretty cool! I'd be out there fishing bass and muskies with her and buying her anything she wanted!

My wife doesn't hunt or fish really. She'll go out with me on the pontoon boat, but she just likes sitting in the sun. She has no problem with me going hunting, fishing, or just shooting. She enjoys nature and animals and has no quams about helping me butcher a deer. She is also a great cook!

Post Thanks / Like

When I changed jobs last year and got a vacation payout check, I bought another bow. My wife for whatever reason took that as a personal attack since she had bought me one for xmas the previous year. My reasoning was that, I'd like to have another and this would be one of the few opportunities I would have to just drop $400-500 on a purchase and not feel guilty about it. Still, she doesn't let it go. It got even worse when I put thoughts into selling it since I won the Bengal ... next time it is just do and not worry about it, no reason for her to get all worked up over another bow.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i have addiction for Fishing Reel, i went thru it, and now i don have the desire for more... But after picking up archery, and yes, i wan another desire comes in again.

Over the years, i love Penn made in USA reel. i have several walk through my hand. Penn International II 30W, Penn International 30VSX, Penn Torque 100, Penn GTI series, i got 310,,330,345, the whole family series.
    other brand like. Daiwa Saltiga 30A, Daiwa Fream J, Shimano Ocea Jigger 4000HP, Banax Kaigen electric reel
    ROds, Shakespeare Ugly Stick, Shakespeare tide water jigging, Daiwa Interline, Shimano Backbone, Expert Graphite Aeras.
    Those broken and forgotten your name SORRY. R.I.P

This is only the saltwater section. and the freshwater section list can go even longer.

Its addictive to collect and use those reels, and i always use them in care, and i can sell them in good price. Most usage per reel is like 2 or 3 trip.
    MY Dad will go crazy, "why buy reel again, your bedroom is full with fishing equipment and tools. DONT get hook by the hook while sleeping......"
    Or my mum say "Again" if i got courier or seeing me bring a box with fishing gadgets.

After got married, cleaning up the house, and sold one by one.....

Now end up with my only ONE (1) set of saltwater gear which is the PENN TRQ100 and Expert Graphite rod...
    Other freshwater reel and rod still remain..... hahaha.. those for me to kill my holidays...

Somehow, recently fishing season is now at my place... i wan another reel set... looking at JM powerspell PE5 reel, and Jigging Master powerspell rod....
    that will cost me another bomb.
    BUT the PENN new TRQ lever drag 2013 is so tempting.... which ONE should i get???
    But i always like the reel with the printing MADE IN USA............
    Proven can handle hardcore saltwater condition.

The JM MADE IN TAIWAN, proven can handle huge fish by the owner in youtube, and many friends around me also have them.

How i wish i can buy all the " want another one" hahahahahaha......
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a fetishes for archery. I don't go to bars, or hang with the boz. Don't have a lot of hobbies other than coaching my girls in travel team softball and attending mass services. So I think that's a good trade for my archery addiction. I've sold more than keep. I 'll pick one up on line that need some work, I'll turn it for a few bucks. Well Sonny, I think your right, the moral of the story is,,,,, "My wife has a lot of shoes".
    Last edited by Tosi; 04-30-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I simply tell my wife "because I wanted it. Now go make me some coffee while I set this up"
    but when my brothers or friends ask,I ask them "why do you have 3 shotguns,4 rifles,2 pistols,3 muzzleloaders and a crossbow?' They generally say "because they're fun to shoot,used for different things,and they all feel different". I just grin and say "EXACTLY! Some people have gun collections,I prefer bows."
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340