Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cougar is eating string!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's good that you did some "hand machining" on those edges. Probably would have been wise to reserve too. Would have been easier to detect whether you have the problem solved, but that's water over the dam right now. Just keep an eye on them.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver55 View Post
    Update on the cougar string eater. I backed the limb bolts out and pulled the strings off. They didn't look that bad once I got them off. I could see where they were some sharp edges on the cams. I took a large nail, just bigger in dia' than the groove on the cam. I wrapped the nail with 591 grit sand papper and slowly work the edges down on the cams. Tested the surface of the cam by draging my finger nail over the edges and all of them seemed very smooth. Put the strings back on and turned down the limb bolts. Gave several draws to test her out and everything worked fine.

Hope this solves the problem and gives the strings a long life.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO OFFERED ADVICE.

Hutch, I think I am still going to order a string from you just in case things go "bad" in the middle of the deer season. I don't want to be left with my back up bow for several days while waiting on a string.
    I can build you a set but if you want to re-serve those too let me know! They would make a good back up set.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com