Thread: Bling for bows...is that wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bling for bows...is that wrong?

So the other day, I take my scepter out(black carbon finish, same for limbs) and start cleaning it, waxing the string etc... So it's sitting there and I'm looking at it. Suddenly I don't just see a bow but a canvas.
    Keep in mind, theatrics aren't my thing. So this is a bit off the beaten path for me, I tend to prefer things simple, elegant. Back to the point. I shoot my bow pretty bare. A simple prong rest, a short stab and a wrist strap. So without a sight, quiver, large stab etc... there are a lot of unused threads. I started picturing some simple (and as lightweight as possible), coverings for the riser. The way I pictured it, they would fit right in the cut outs of the riser. You could strap those on, add wtvr design you might want. A bit like the kind of thing you might see on a harley and such.

Completely impractical I know but damn, that could really bring the "growl" out of our martins.
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Post Thanks / Like

You talking accesorizing it like a Barbie Doll? No, thats not wrong... That could actually be really cool. I would have a couple little posts that stick out of each opening. Little stiffer than pipe cleaner but thinner than a clothes hangar. Then I would have either individual pictures of say trophy bucks. Or make them all work together to add a crazy design to the whole bow, almost like shields protecting a space ship. I'm getting carried away, but I think you're on to something.

Sonny Thomas

Default Bling for bows...is that wrong?

Light weight sheet plastic - cut to fit for panels.

I have small stuffed Tiger I blacked out with a felt marker. Thought about sticking on the end of my stab.

Thought about a Cat head cut out of aluminum - cut small slits for eyes, cut out to give slightly open mouth with teeth.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Sonny Thomas;103762]Light weight sheet plastic - cut to fit for panels.QUOTE]

Exactly like that Sonny. Not that Nshepro got it wrong either, immagination is the limit. I think as long as you balance the weight properly and you don't mind the few extra grams of weight....

I know some people already do some pretty cool custom grips, this would be right along those lines.
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Post Thanks / Like

I blinged mine out with colors. My Onza has a red/orange sling. My fletching is red/orange. My limb jaxs are orange. My peep and drop away cord are served w/ orange string. I hope the deers think it looks pretty and will come in real close for a better look.
    I just ordered some bling for the Pantera. It will look real PRETTY
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Sonny Thomas

Default Bling for bows...is that wrong?

If one would use the right plastic or thin wood cut outs to fit the riser... Something on the order of scrimshaw...animals and the such.

Ahhhh! The bows of old. Check Archery History. Some fantastic paint jobs there.