Thread: Fury xt question?

Pyro

Default Fury xt question?

So hutch posted off my new string a couple days ago, so while i wait for it to come into the country i decided to remove and reinstal my old string a couple time to make sure i dont do anything silly to the new one. Well durying one of these rehersals i decided to experiment with the diffrent posts on the cam and found out the -10# post draws at 64 with fully tightend bolts the same as i had tumes it to before and seems smother to pull. Tho the string isnt in full contact with the cam when the string is at rest. So my question is do you think this will slow the bow down by much?image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

So, you moved it to the -10 and screwed the bolts in to get the same draw weight (64#) you had previously set it at but on the other peg? I would say no but lets see what the Masters say.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Pyro

Poundage is the same but rotation is diffrent now so could be faster for all i know... Tho ill probly crono it when i fix the damage from a slight slip up i had tuneing a couple weeks back. Just want fo know what it should do not what it will do...

Post Thanks / Like

The rotation on the cam is normal when adjusting with the pegs. There is a diagram floating around here somewhere that shows that.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    The rotation on the cam is normal when adjusting with the pegs. There is a diagram floating around here somewhere that shows that.
    Exactly right, the orientation of the cams will change with the peg, so will the axle to axle, the brace height and the draw length. They're a pretty cool cam to play with! And yes, Joel posted a diagram of the cam setup somewhere....
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Pyro

just got the tape mesure out and brace .2 of an inch less which i sopose theroreticly give a up in speed but would imagine it would not be noticed on a crono. But end of day it dose feel better than i had it before and now the bolts are right in so i shouldnt get fern and scrub caught up on me bow so much.
    Last edited by Pyro; 05-07-2013 at 09:11 AM.

joelc

String Track.jpg

Here is the Diagram

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joel! I tried finding it, but couldn't remember which post it had been in before.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps