During a 3D this past weekend I was informed one of my sidekicks had quit shooting. Said he was burned out. Well, he's too young to be burned out. And of all things I was informed he was really up in the air from being beat my a old man. So frustrated he had actually threw his bow some long distance into the timber. The 3D over and ratchet jawing with others I give him a call. He said he would come over, but wasn't shooting, so forget that. So I find out he had thrown his bow into the timber for sure. And beings it was a Elite bow I told him he should have left it there. That got him going. So to hasten things along I would stop at his house on the way home. Thinking "old man" I was one that would fill his ear but good.

So we talked. His burn out stems from him not doing what he should be, paying attention and doing things in order. "No reason in the world he should be beat by a old man" other than his own stupidity. And I related that this "old man" would clean his plow at the next 3D.

So I spend a hour with him and discussed form, check off list and more. When done he was of a much brighter attitude. And then I did dangle a pair of Stanislawski MoreX releases in his face and he got a bit more picked up.

Seems the simplest things can provoke one to give up archery and there's no senses to it. Archery is nothing repeating all throughout for each and every shot. You slip off the beaten path and you need some one to see it and have you get back on the path.

Don't blame the bow. That's the first thing I do, check a bow. If reasonably tuned and arrow flight good and I start on the shooter. I have this so many times over the past 5 years, shoot someone's bow and have great point of impact. May not be in the bull's eye, but the arrows all pile up in a neat little group. So that leaves the shooter.

Anyway, I hope my friend gets back on the "horse." Of course, nice guy me will be asking for a 40 point handicap Not that I need it, but to razz his young butt.