Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Sure-Loc with Viper Scope Problem on 2012 Pantera

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sure-Loc with Viper Scope Problem on 2012 Pantera

    I put a Sure-Loc 400 with a Viper Scope on my Pantera and experiencing tuning problems. I moved the mounting bracket to the left on the adapter plate and had to move the horizontal bar to the farthest right of the slide and turned the micro knob to almost max out to the right. I cannot get the scope pin, arrow, bow string, and riser to align perfectly. When shot the arrow moves to the right of the target and I do not have any more adjustments available. Verticle appears to be fine but when using the sight pin, the arrow moves to the right. Any ideas as to what I should do next? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brookhaven, Ms
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    im having the same issue out of my alien, except my sight is bottomed out all the way. everything lines up, but the arrow is dropping crazy....if its shooting that far right, i would do a paper tune and see if its tearing hard right on the paper as well, at least that will let you know if its more of a tuning issue or a sight issue

  3. #3
    Senior Member typically8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @HIA move your rest?

    @dz ditto. I actually had to drop my anchor point.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brookhaven, Ms
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    @HIA move your rest?

    @dz ditto. I actually had to drop my anchor point.
    @typical 8....yes ive considered that option but dropping it below my jaw still doesnt raise it enough. 14-16" low at 10 yards. worse and worse the further you get....martin has it they are looking at it for me

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    @typical 8....yes ive considered that option but dropping it below my jaw still doesnt raise it enough. 14-16" low at 10 yards. worse and worse the further you get....martin has it they are looking at it for me
    I'd be interested in Martin's response. Please post their response when they get back to you. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brookhaven, Ms
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i will , im gonna update the cam lean thread i started with the updated info whenever they contact me

  7. #7
    Sonny Thomas
    Guest

    Default Sure-Loc with Viper Scope Problem on 2012 Pantera

    Quote Originally Posted by HIArcher View Post
    I put a Sure-Loc 400 with a Viper Scope on my Pantera and experiencing tuning problems. I moved the mounting bracket to the left on the adapter plate and had to move the horizontal bar to the farthest right of the slide and turned the micro knob to almost max out to the right. I cannot get the scope pin, arrow, bow string, and riser to align perfectly. When shot the arrow moves to the right of the target and I do not have any more adjustments available. Verticle appears to be fine but when using the sight pin, the arrow moves to the right. Any ideas as to what I should do next? Thanks.
    I own 4 Sure Locs, 3 400s and 1 550, half dozen different scopes and I can sight them in on any bow. So you have something wrong and unless there is something you haven't noted I'd suspect bow tune and probably center shot, not sight problems.

    So we need some information. what's shooting through paper look like?

    Note; For the vast majority of all bows the sight pin will be a bit left of the string with the arrow aligned to the string. Opposite if left handed.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sure-Loc and SOS Rest Allignment

    [QUOTE=Sonny Thomas;104176]I own 4 Sure Locs, 3 400s and 1 550, half dozen different scopes and I can sight them in on any bow. So you have something wrong and unless there is something you haven't noted I'd suspect bow tune and probably center shot, not sight problems.

    So we need some information. what's shooting through paper look like?

    Note; For the vast majority of all bows the sight pin will be a bit left of the string with the arrow aligned to the string. Opposite if left handed.[/QUOTE

    I will do the paper test as well as adjust the Ripcord SOS rest setting to see if I can get the center shot more finely tuned. I thought I had everything aligned but remembered something in the Ripcord information that places the arrow shaft center about 1 inch from the riser side. Will post my results later. Many thanks to all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •