Thread: Slinging them out to 50 yards.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slinging them out to 50 yards.

I know you guys out west shoot out to 70 yards all the time. But back east we mostly shoot deer inside 30 yards. I set the target out to 50 yards and just had some fun with it. (around here 50 yards is a long shot) This cougar really shoots well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OufxT...ature=youtu.be
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it! I use to shoot 60 to 70 yards all the time. Haven't in the last 2 years. Guess I will have to be doing it again

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

My top distance is 35 and I suck at it. Mainly because I have to open the back door and shoot from inside the living room to the target in the yard (wife does not like it much). 25-30 is my max. I did make friends w/ aguy with a round bale thats 30 minutes away. So until then....
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying 40-50yd groups but much past 35 my eyes are terrible. No biggie for me. I set up for insanely close shots anyway. Most of shots I could use the 20yd pin and still have to aim low
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shootin' ,I was shooting out to 50 and 60 yards yesterday could only manage group about the size of a pie plate tho.when you shoot those distances the dot seems huge when you move back up to 20.lol
    2012 Pantera Magnum 70#
    Oneida Strike Eagle 60-80#

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dale817 View Post
    Nice shootin' ,I was shooting out to 50 and 60 yards yesterday could only manage group about the size of a pie plate tho.when you shoot those distances the dot seems huge when you move back up to 20.lol
    I had read on ArcheryTalk that some guys shoot out at 40 plus yards on a regular basis. Then when they have shots at "normal" distances like 20 yards, it seems like a slam dunk. After shooting a few times out at 40 and 50 yards I would have to agree with them. You really have to focus on the shot and your form to make shots at that range. It does make 20 yards and closer seem easier. In the real world of hunting I would never shoot past 30 yards. Just too much that could happen between the release and the arrow hitting the deer at those distances. Some folks can do it though......just not me.
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.