Thread: Bengal Pro Question...Pt2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bengal Pro Question...Pt2

Please don't beat me, I don't mean to drag this on, however...
    Bengal Pro....on -10 post, mod on 4, draw stop on 'A' of Adjustable= 29" DL

100_0277.jpg

now I felt like I was anchoring a little too far with my thumb release, so I want to try going to 28.5".
    Mod is now on 3.5

100_0274.jpg

my question...do I need to move the draw stop closer to the '-', or can it stay where it is?
    I've read that it will decrease the valley/let off, which I would rather not do.

thanks in advance,
    Keith
    People keep telling me I have ADD, but they just don't underst.....SQUIRREL!

2013 Martin 60# (@44lb) Bengal Pro-Skulz!
    FletcherThumb Release, GT Velocity XT 400gr
    Ripcord rest, HHA XL5519

joelc

You will need to move the draw stop towards the "-"...if not your draw length will remain the same and you will possibly cause damage to your cable by over rotating the cam.

Sonny Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    You will need to move the draw stop towards the "-"...if not your draw length will remain the same and you will possibly cause damage to your cable by over rotating the cam.
    Good call, Joel. ??? More than a couple of times I've had people not realize the draw stop has to be reset and doing just what you noted, possibly causing damage to the cable.

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Good call, Joel. ??? More than a couple of times I've had people not realize the draw stop has to be reset and doing just what you noted, possibly causing damage to the cable.
    We haven't helped matters by having the most vague manual possible (shakes head)

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't helped matters by having the most vague manual possible (shakes head)
    this was my issue! The info on the draw stop and mod setting don't 'blend'. I love the detailed specs on the bows, but it would be nice to have a more step by step set up if you ever had to change things around...other than chatting with you guys! (which is great to have btw).

Anyways, I've moved the draw stop down about 1/4", which along with the 3.5 setting on the mod, 'feels' better. My biggest issue still is finding a comfortable anchor, I may even go with a kisser button to help myself settle in.

Ripcord rest, HHA XL5519

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhdad View Post
    this was my issue! The info on the draw stop and mod setting don't 'blend'. I love the detailed specs on the bows, but it would be nice to have a more step by step set up if you ever had to change things around...other than chatting with you guys! (which is great to have btw).

Anyways, I've moved the draw stop down about 1/4", which along with the 3.5 setting on the mod, 'feels' better. My biggest issue still is finding a comfortable anchor, I may even go with a kisser button to help myself settle in.
    Took me a little bit to find my anchor also, so I went back to basics, stand straight, shoulders square, draw back,.. after this I found that i needed a couple more twists in my string to ensure my draw length was correct. i was a little long so i was leaning backward a little. once the draw was correct, my (using a release) pointer finger knuckle sits right below my earlobe, and rests on the back of my jawbone. this puts my draw elbow right down the center of my arrow, a slight bend in my bow elbow, brings the knock point just behind the corner of my mouth, peep right up to my eye, and string between nock point and peep just touching the side of my snausage.
    time, shooting, and notes,starting back at zero at 10 yards, and moving back from there, for the bottom of my first pin, out to 45 now and working the pin
    this is only what I had to do to get things started in the right direction, I was thinking of a kisser but once i got settled found I really don't need it.
    One more thing, remember Martins draw a little less than they say, mine advertised 29" with 5x modules, ended up with 4x modules and about 7 twists in the string to get it to settle in.
    Hope this helps

Mac
    Last edited by macflash; 05-08-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life

'96 Firecat, '66 Herters

Sonny Thomas

Well, "vague" it might be, but I've noted many times for non-owning Martin people to down load Martin's manual to get through several issues, timing to shooting.
    So keep up the "vagueness".... Well, yes, improve upon it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Joel, but Martin has some stiff competition in this area from PSE; maybe all companies are as lacking, don't know. Manual with PSE I bought two years ago sure is; last PSE before that, twenty years ago, had a whole stack of useless papers; loose leaf, about six by eight inches of print I couldn't read even back then! And, only a couple the papers related to the bow I had. One thing about PSE, though, for ten bucks you can order a DVD. The only bad things about the DVD are that it just rehashes their manual and, after I gave 'em my ten dollars, I found you could download the same stuff off the internet. lol

If you or someone knowledgeable on how to manipulate the various cams could find the time and desire to do a little in depth dissertation on them, would sure make helpful 'stickies'. The Fury XT, of course, should be the first. {:>)

Post Thanks / Like

after starting down this road to help better myself, I was starting to think ignorance is bliss!?
    However, at the end of the day, after all is said and done...I was going to figure this, so I got myself to the range, allen keys in hand and started letting the arrows loose. First several were all over the place...noticed my peep was not in the same place which I didn't account for with the shorter DL. Moved it up about 1/4" and made a small adjustment to my sight...AND found a new anchor. Now with my nose on the string, the nock is just behind the corner of my mouth, before it was just under my cheek bone-yes, I could touch the vane with my mouth which I didn't like and what started all this.
    Anyways...after 2 hours of shooting, and making some adjustments, I ended this ordeal with cable on -10 post, mod now at 3.5, draw stop 1/4" towards the -, peep a little higher, new anchor ... and a Freaken Robin Hood!!! First One! Was very excited! Told my wife once I got home, her response..."what that cost ya?? 15 bucks??" think I'll go back to video games......

Ripcord rest, HHA XL5519

Post Thanks / Like

LOL nice shooting. My wife shakes her head everytime I bust an arrow. I haven't gotten a Robin Hood yet, but I've busted a lot of nocks and split a couple shafts, so it's been close . I know its me and not the bow though LOL. But that's fine $15 a busted arrow is enough!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps