Thread: The Bengal with new strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Bengal with new strings

DSCN1379.jpg Thanks Hutch for the new strings. The only people happier than a guitar picker with new strings is a bowhunter. Autum and Black look awsome on the bow. I used a Hoyt cable slide as my Martin one was eating the strings, have a hyperglide on order. Removed the STS and put a straight rod, used my Terrible Rigging Ghosts of the past for some damping and this thing does'nt even need whiskers. It's that quie't used one for the cable slide too as a stop, send me all the old TRG rubbers you can, they actually work for this. 4" shieldcut feathers just clear the new rigging. The Hoyt slide moved the cables in slightly removing some torque. Installed a new IQ 7 pin site and next is to the range.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. That autumn is a nice color. I also like the big blue bowl.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good,I have the hyperglide on my Pantera and shoot 4" shield cut feathers with no clearance issues whatsoever.they fly great
    2012 Pantera Magnum 70#
    Oneida Strike Eagle 60-80#

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    DSCN1379.jpg Thanks Hutch for the new strings. The only people happier than a guitar picker with new strings is a bowhunter. Autum and Black look awsome on the bow. I used a Hoyt cable slide as my Martin one was eating the strings, have a hyperglide on order. Removed the STS and put a straight rod, used my Terrible Rigging Ghosts of the past for some damping and this thing does'nt even need whiskers. It's that quie't used one for the cable slide too as a stop, send me all the old TRG rubbers you can, they actually work for this. 4" shieldcut feathers just clear the new rigging. The Hoyt slide moved the cables in slightly removing some torque. Installed a new IQ 7 pin site and next is to the range.
    is that an iq bowsight, if so how do you like it and it is heavy?

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good looking rig! And yes those colors do go well with it
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

looks great
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is a new IQ 7 pin sight. All three of my bows wear one and all three have a Ripcord arrow rest. So I guess you could say if I find something that works for me, it works. Managed to take our local clubs Senior Coumpound class last year with bows set up this way. I am (used to be) 6'4" and I can't get my nose on the string (stiff neck from staring into the sky for 30+ years) so the Retina Lock works for me as the 3rd reference point in my shooting. They are a solid sight so they are heavy compared to some.

Post Thanks / Like

DSCN1385.JPGDSCN1386.JPGDSCN1387.JPG As I wanted to paper tune the Bengal before heading to the range and the winds been wild. It took me all of these shots to get it shootable one is the 4" shieldcut and one is the Blazer. What do you think all with no lazer other than my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks close enough to take it outside when the wind dies down. I would venture a guess and say that now the real tuning begins.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Acually it is spot on to 40 yards, sorry no picts. as the wind was still going.