Thread: Greetings from Johannesburg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greetings from Johannesburg

Hi all, have been browsing the forum since i bought my Bengal pro, thought it was about time that i registered. Really loving the new bow and this forum, lots of knowledgeable people.

Was curious as to the best way to set up the draw weight on the bow, do i keep the string on the standard post and adjust using the limb bolts(i am currently set up this way),or should i turn the limb bolts all the way in and use the' - ' post's on the cam ? does it make any differance ?

Looking forward to chatting

Paul.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Assassin View Post
    Hi all, have been browsing the forum since i bought my Bengal pro, thought it was about time that i registered. Really loving the new bow and this forum, lots of knowledgeable people.

Was curious as to the best way to set up the draw weight on the bow, do i keep the string on the standard post and adjust using the limb bolts(i am currently set up this way),or should i turn the limb bolts all the way in and use the' - ' post's on the cam ? does it make any differance ?

Looking forward to chatting

Paul.
    What draw weight are you at? and what are you trying to achieve? what is your bows peak weight? congrats and welcome to the forum!
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Paul. Welcome to the forum!.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    What draw weight are you at? and what are you trying to achieve? what is your bows peak weight? congrats and welcome to the forum!
    Hey WildWilt15

Currently set on about 54 lbs. Max pountage is 72 lbs. 30 inch draw length. Just wondering which set up would be the optimum .

Thanks for the welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made it Paul. Welcome aboard.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to pipe in .

As for setting your draw weight, I would suggest using the posts to get as close as you can to your goal weight, and then backing off the limb bolts to fine tune it. So for instance; max weight is 70, goal weight is 54, set the cable to the -10 post, then let the limbs out a couple turns each and you should be right there...

IMO the bow will be more efficient if you let the posts handle the majority of the weight drop. Hope that helps clarify for you!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to pipe in .

As for setting your draw weight, I would suggest using the posts to get as close as you can to your goal weight, and then backing off the limb bolts to fine tune it. So for instance; max weight is 70, goal weight is 54, set the cable to the -10 post, then let the limbs out a couple turns each and you should be right there...

IMO the bow will be more efficient if you let the posts handle the majority of the weight drop. Hope that helps clarify for you!
    Hey wscywabbit.

Thats just what i wanted to hear. Thankyou

Paul.