Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martin Outdoors TV

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

man everybody is obsessed with that powerball stuff @pizzad

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to try buying Martin. I just need an asking price to take to the investors. All would remain the same though I'd give the option of going complete custom bows. Mix and match any riser,limb,cam combo desired.

So how much am I lookin' at?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If you do man move it down to Texas with you hawg. It would create some more southern dealers

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go big! Two more factories. Martin East,Martin South. The existing one will be Martin West. Each will have their own zone and specific dealer networks covering the US and canada
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I'd give the option of going complete custom bows. Mix and match any riser,limb,cam combo desired.

So how much am I lookin' at?
    I can't even begin to tell you what a nightmare that scenario is. Screw it...I'll do it anyway.

I'll just give you an example...let's use the 2003 Scepter III because we were big into options at that point...

You could get the Scepter with the Fury, Z cam or Fuzion cam...

There are 9 different base size cams and 2 limb options for the Fury cam...18 possible configurations. Oh Wait...we have 3 camo options! Phantom Camo, Mossy Oak or Advantage. We're up to 54 posssible configurations. Crap...I forgot about target colors. You have your choice of Sunburst, Blue Fade, ProCat and Platinum. That's an additional 72 options, carry the one...for a total of 126 options for the Scepter with Fury cam. Wouldn't you know it...I forgot about the choice of let off...65% or 70%...Make that 252 Fury cam options.

Let's move on to the Z cam...standard and mini cam option...two limb sizes...7 color options. We're up to 28 so far. Back in 2004 we would also build all of the bows draw length specific or we would include a module package...that's 8 more options. Ok...that's brings us to 228 options for Scepter Z cam. Add the 65% or 75% option on the standard Z and that will bring the total to 560 ways to build the Scepter with Z cam.

And lastly the Fuzion cam. You could get the Scepter Fuzion with 14", 16" or 17" limbs or the SE version which was closer to parallel. You could have 65% or 75% modules in 7 sizes. You could get the bow in 7 colors. I think were in the neighborhood of 392 options for the Scepter II with Fuzion cam.

1204 options later people are wondering why the heck it took you so long to ship out their new bow. "What do you mean you don't have that part in stock?"

Did I mention you could get the same options on a Cougar, Onza and MV2? WooHoo! 4816 options on 4 bows!!!

Now...the Phantom had all of those options with exception of the SE version...as did the Altitude and Rage.

Then we have the Jaguar, Tracer and Tiger to think about. Shoot...I forgot about the Aurora Recurve...colors, limb lengths, etc.

And then there is the traditional lineup...did I mention that each model had wood, grip and glass options? We have the Gail Martin Classic, the Dream Catcher, Hatfield, Mamba, Hunter, Rebel, Victory, Prodigy, X-200, Vision, Stick, Mountaineer, and 4 kids bows including a takedown.

Are you SURE you are still interested in offering any limb, cam, riser and color option? Because if so...I quit.
    Last edited by joelc; 05-20-2013 at 12:07 PM.

joelc

...and please...I dont need anyone checking my math. You get the point.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, was that a quick peek into the world of Joel?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

id still like to see what hawg can do even if he cant offer customization. id just like to see the company do well

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    id still like to see what hawg can do even if he cant offer customization. id just like to see the company do well
    The company is poised to do just fine...better than ever in fact.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope so sir, wish yal the best