Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help ASAP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help ASAP

Okay here is the issue, i have my nemesis and love it but upon setting it up for hunter class 3d i ran into some issues.

My spot hogg sight does not have enough adjustment i have it maxed out as far to the left as i can and its still about 4 inches not enough @ 20 yards.

Upon brainstorming i thought well maybe its just me being a little rusty with my back tension release, but upon further investigation i believe i have just to much cam lean. which i believe is due to the roller guard (which i absolutely despise with a passion)

I have a shoot next weekend in Ohio (Hotel and shooting fees already paid) and really need to get this resolved, any input appreciated if I am going about this wrong let me know and i would also like to know if the Nemesis can be converted to a roller guard if so let me know the part number or if any of you guys have a spare i could buy Thanks!
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Is your arrow centered,the centered shot right, can your give us some pictures
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

What is the DW, DL, arrow spine & length and what is the measurement from the bridge between the rest mount holes to the center of your arrow with the bow at rest.?

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely need more info, just as the other guys have said. However, if push comes to shove I would move the rest to the right (I assume you're right handed). I have a 2011 and 2012 Nemisis and both of them shoot weill with the rest set slightly inside center, so give it a thought. One thing I don't quite understand. Do you have a roller guard on the bow or do you want to convert to a roller guard? If you have the regular rod/slide I'd leave it alone. I'm not aware of any parts to change to a roller guard.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I swap the windage bar around on my IQ's so I can get the extra windage I need. I HATE ROLLERS ! so I don't know what to tell you there. My friends Alien Z is a string chewing, cam leaning, limb breaking beast, 3rd set of limbs in 6 months. I stay with a simple rod and guide thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

AH yes a conversion kit to put a rod and slide would be nice for my Diamond Iceman too. Maybe a Flexguard type that moves on the draw cycle.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the clarity issues. Specs are as follows 28" draw 58lbs 400 spine beman ics pro hunters cut to 27 inches with 100 grain point. (around 350 grains total)

Rest is set just shy of an inch which is where i had it when i walk back tuned it when the bow first came in. I despise the roller guard and wanted to know if there was a cable slide conversion.

The shots seemed to be going farther left as i kept shooting for the 3 hours i was out today. as far as pictures go there really is not much to take a picture of except maybe the lean at full draw which looks to be pretty bad but i dont believe it is bad enough to derail. I have experience tuning the nitro cams and i have to say i'm not impressed with them as far as reliability. not knocking them as they perform great but are a little tricky and you MUST keep your eye on them.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Sonny Thomas

Default Need Help ASAP

"I have experience tuning the nitro cams and i have to say i'm not impressed with them as far as reliability. not knocking them as they perform great but are a little tricky and you MUST keep your eye on them."

???? Not reliable? Trick? Mercy! Like drop dead simple. Haven't touched mine since...since...since... I can't remember!

I almost said it just a bit ago in another thread, so I'll say it here. I wish you guys lived closer. The only Martin I couldn'y get to shoot "bullets" was one that had to have new limbs. New limbs and it was hungry for some for bull's eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    "I have experience tuning the nitro cams and i have to say i'm not impressed with them as far as reliability. not knocking them as they perform great but are a little tricky and you MUST keep your eye on them."

???? Not reliable? Trick? Mercy! Like drop dead simple. Haven't touched mine since...since...since... I can't remember!

I almost said it just a bit ago in another thread, so I'll say it here. I wish you guys lived closer. The only Martin I couldn'y get to shoot "bullets" was one that had to have new limbs. New limbs and it was hungry for some for bull's eyes.
    I fought with mine to shoot bullets for a couple days finally gave up and walk back/bare shaft tuned it same with my onza 3 paper tuned to get it close then tweaked it by walk back tuning and bare shaft tuning.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious as to why it is shooting like that. I have Nitro cams on my Firecat, and with no problems. They have been maintenance free, and I've shot my Firecat out to 60 yards. Maybe your rest isn't in quite the right place?? Do your cams not stay in time?

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com