Thread: Weird prob. with my Shadowcat

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weird prob. with my Shadowcat

When I got to Redding my Shadowcat was shooting real low and I could not for the life of me figure out what was going on. I fought with it all day Friday and Saturday. On Sunday I shot my backup bow.
    Once I got home I shot my number one bow and it was still shooting low, I lost almost 10 yards. I swapped out the limbs with a new set I have and that didn't fix the problem.
    I swapped the limbs with my back up bow, still no good, my back up bow shoots fine.
    Would anyone know if he riser might be the problem?
    The top seam where the 2 parts are bolted togeather looks like it might be getting more movement than normal.
    If it is shifting during the shot, could it cause the arrow to hit lower?
    How can I check the riser, can I just tighten the bolts back up if they are loose?
    Thanks for any insight on this.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.

Sonny Thomas

Default Weird prob. with my Shadowcat

10 yards off seems quite a bit. My first Shadowcat had the upper 1/3 riser shift, almost 1/8", but it stayed there and I had no issues. Even tried to buy the bow as is, but Martin wanted it back...liability issue maybe.

If the bolts were loose you should be able to force movement. Take a felt pen and mark at seem. Draw bow and have some one check. Fire bow and check. If loosed possible just removing the strings and doing some careful forcing you might find if it is shifting. Still, it is extremely rare for this shifting.

Removing the Shadowcat name place needs care. ??? Aluminum riser, I'd check to see what ft lbs is required to tighten bolts. Might even remove bolts, clean bolts and threads and use Loc tite.

Post Thanks / Like

I did some more limb swaping yesterday.
    I went to my back yard and shot my #1 bow holding the little point that is at the top of the sight window cut out even with the spot at 20 yards, I hit 22" below the spot.
    I took the limbs, cams, strings and cables off my #1 bow, swapped everything from my backup bow over to it. Held the same as the first time, hit in the same place.

I then shot my backup bow the same as I did with my #1 bow, both limb, cam and string cable setups.
    Each time with my backup bow I drilled the spot.
    Tonight I will mark the top joint on the riser to see if there is any movement.
    Joel, if you happen to read this, chime in with your opion on this.
    Thanks.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.