Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splitted Pantera limbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Splitted Pantera limbs

Hi,

My names's Sylvain, I'm french and I write for a friend who doesn't speak english at all, and who has a problem with his pantera.
    A few month ago, there were a huge crack at drawing. Now, the upper limb is splitted / cracked on almost 3 inches.

What can I do??? Normally, Martin bows have a lifetime warranty, and this is a known problem on Panteras.... the archery where my friend bought is bow say the french 1 year warranty is over, so they don't want to help. I've written one time at Martin archery, and two times to Joel Clark... never had any reply too.

I've asked Joel what to do for the warranty, or even how much they would charge for a new set of limbs, in the case they wouldn't take them under warranty. At least I could understand he doesn't reply for a free set of limbs, but for paid ones...

So, can I considerate my friend's bow is still under warranty? If even yes, can I expect a new set of limbs for free (I can pay for shipping costs of course).
    if even no, where could I buy a new set of limbs, and what would be the price inclueding shipping costs to France?

Any help would be very apreciated, as the problem lasts for several months now...

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum!
    The Limbs should be under warranty. I would call Customer service and explain to them and they will set you up. Joel C is a busy person and might of missed your emails.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely, you'd need to stay up at night so that you could call Joel @ the customer service phone number during Martin's business hours. Sorry, but I don't have the number at hand or I would post it, but I'm sure that someone that does have the number will post it for you. Probably going to lose some sleep in order to get this done.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be honest, I read english, i write it (not well as I'd like), but unfortunately, I never speak, and so I'm not used to hear english spoken... especially American accents.... so I'm affraid to call Joel, because I think I won't be able to understand anything, and I'm not sure Joel would understand anything with my strong french accent...
    So if I have no choice I'll do it, but I'd prefer a contact by email with Joel...

Now, if someone would be nice enough to call Joel for me, it would be really apreciated , but i don't want to bother anyone...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I have got to call him on Monday about my problem with a Seeker, so tell me exactly what he needs to know to contact you. Pray that my memory bank will not be overwhelmed by my own problems.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

email to martin customer service, they will take good care of u. together attach picture of the splitted linb.
    Joel has tonnes of email to take care of. he will reply u. i got mine email replied in 2 week time, and limb sen5 to me in one week time, and it free of charge.

great customer service.... long live Martin archery.
    Bowless..... shopping for one now, Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, GoldTIP + Blazer Vane + Accunocks, Home Made Front Stab 28", and Side Stab 11", Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Customer Service email is not operative...

If you check the Martin Archery website and look for email support you will find that it is down. I would have used email rather than posting my own problems if that were not so.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe I'm not clear enough (please tell me if my english is so bad that you don't understand something).

I've emailed to Martin customer service in december. As I had no reply, I've posted on archery talk, and I got Joel's email adress. I've emailed him 2 times (january and february), with joined pictures of the limb, serial number etc... I never had any reply at all.

I know Joel is very busy, but in my case, he never took care of my problem.
    I'm sure Martin archery is a great brand, and they truely take care of their customers, but 3 emails and zero reply.... what do you sincerly think my friend thinks about that???? The shop doesn't want to help him... the distributor doesn't want too, and then the manufacturer never replies.

I'm sure I'll finally get the limbs to fix his bow, and honestly, I was sure it would take a few weeks to solve the problem, but I didn't think about months. When we'll get them, my friend will be able to say "YES, Martin rules..." , but for now he begins to be a bit fed up.... who should blame him???

@peace: if you call Joel, please ask him to find my emails (ithaqua.dcc@free.fr) . I'd be glad to give him any infos he could ask for.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice offer Peace. Joel also reads some of the posts on this board and so may already be aware of ithaqua's ( Sylvain ) friend's Pantera limb problem. So all you may need to do is to facilitate the contact. Very kind of you to offer the help. Sure makes me proud to be a part of this board.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried to reply 2 times today, but I couldn't see my message... Hope this try will be succesful

Well, thank you for your help peace... I'm sure that Joel doesn't want to ehhh...avoid me (here is my lack of vocabulary... I don't know the good word to use, but I'm sure you get the idea).

I was sure it would take a while to get new limbs (but I wouldn't imagine so long), so I'm patient and I wait for the moment I'll finally be in touch with Joel, but my friend is young (19YO) and is a bit fed up...

I've PM'd to you, peace to give you my email adress, but I don't see my message in my sent box, so I don't know if you got it.
    If even it's not too late, and if you speak to Joel, can you please say him to check his emails from ithaqua.dcc@free.fr ? I've joind several pics of the limb and the serial number of the bow... I'll be glad to give him any info he may need.

In all the case, thanks a lot to all of you who help and try to find a solution.