Thread: Nitrous b cam question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nitrous b cam question

I have a 2005 shadowcat with b cams. If I were to change to the c bam, would I have to change the limbs aswell? I noticed on the spec chart that the different cams came with different limbs o hence my question.

Also, is there a performance difference between the b and c cams, heard talk of something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Normally you'll see about a 10# drop in the weight range when changing from B to C cams, so if you plan on maintaining the weight you'd have to go up two numbers in the limb deflection.

As for performance, the B cam has always seemed to be the most efficient of the three cam sizes, so pound for pound of draw weight it would be faster. Another reason for this is that if you are shooting the cam at or near the top end of the draw length range it will be more efficient than a C cam shot nearer the bottom end.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Normally you'll see about a 10# drop in the weight range when changing from B to C cams, so if you plan on maintaining the weight you'd have to go up two numbers in the limb deflection.

As for performance, the B cam has always seemed to be the most efficient of the three cam sizes, so pound for pound of draw weight it would be faster. Another reason for this is that if you are shooting the cam at or near the top end of the draw length range it will be more efficient than a C cam shot nearer the bottom end.
    He should only need to change the string also as the cables will be the same or close enough that they should not need to swapped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    He should only need to change the string also as the cables will be the same or close enough that they should not need to swapped.
    Same cable length? Yes, and a detail I forgot to mention. It's been too many years since I shot a Nitrous cam. Still one of the fastest and smoothest cams I've ever shot.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default performance difference

The only time there would be a performance difference is if you are shooting the same draw length with either cam. If you are lucky enough to be a long draw person, the "C" cams will give you the best speed account you can't get the "B" base cams to draw that long. On your Shadowcat if I remember your previous posts, the "B" base only goes to 30" max. draw. I have both "B"'s and "C"'s and the "C"s draw smoother and if you are near the 30" draw you could use mini modules and get more cam rotation and hence more speed with the "C"'s but still a few fps short of the "B"'s with normal modules. "C"'s with "B" cables would require a custom string length but I could figure it out for you if you would like and don't want to buy all new cables. I attribute some of the speed gain of the "B"'s over the "C"'s at the SAME draw length to the shorter brace height of the "B"'s and a little to the cam profile being shorter or "sharper". Anything above 30" draw and "C"'s are the only way to go.
    Last edited by mxtuner1; 05-22-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: add on, typing correction, ran out of scotch, forgot everything else