Thread: Anybody w/OT2?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody w/OT2?

Got a problem here so who to ask, but "the guys". Anybody have OT2 or similar?

I have a 10 year old student I've been coaching and just spent several hours setting up her bow. She's been shooting it and doing well, but I'm trying to help her hit a magical 500 on a Vegas round. The bow is a Razor Edge, short little thing. Trying to sync the cams was a real booger. Came down to the cams hittin stops, one 1/8" ahead of the other. 1/2 twist on a cable made it go 1/8" off the other way. Finally got it down to putting 1/2 twist in a yoke. I hate these short bows. Finicky little things.

Anyway, A2A is right at 30", brace height is 7" even, draw weight is 29.36# (maxed), and AMO draw length is 21.5". I'm assuming the cams are the soft variety. She's shooting GT UL-600 arrows, 22" long, 4" feathers, 80gr target tips, and pin nocks. What spine arrow should I be looking for and what would not hit her parents' wallet too hard? Also, consider that I will probably keep the new arrows about 24" long to allow for growth and eventually going up to 35# over the course of the summer. Oh, I'd like to use inserts and screw in points (65gr Saunders combo).

I know these are way too stiff as I shoot the same shaft at 27" and 45# and they're a touch too stiff for my Nemisis. I'm thinking somewhere around a 1000 spine for her. Anybody give me a hand here?

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Default Anybody w/OT2?

Know what you're going through, Barry.

Might contact Muddy Outdoors. They have 500 to 1000 spine arrows. They could work the numbers and give you a arrow build.

I lucked out by using Beman Jr Hunters, inserts already installed, and 125 gr points with 10 gr weight rings (brass rings from N.A.P.). My little student had a much more tremendous draw length, 23" and a whopping 37 pounds of draw

Post Thanks / Like

OT2 suggests XX75 Tribute in 1214's or 1413's
    or CB Medallion XR's in 2000.
    All at 24" with about 150gns on the front.

Post Thanks / Like

While I figure out what spine would work best I'm actually thinking of trying aluminum, possibly a 1413 shaft. Just get a couple and see if we can get them bare shafting. Only thing with those is that I'd have to use glue-on nocks, but learned a long time ago that they don't necessarily have to be glued on. Once I get the spine figured out I might even spring for some ACC's. It's my dime (gift for her) and she is pretty far beyond using cheap youth arrows. Heck, she can hold 4 1/2" groups at 30 yards. Been to a couple 3D shoots and a 3D practice course at our club and hasn't lost an arrow yet. Of course I'm careful to keep her at 25 yards or less till she feels more confident. I even let her guess her own yardages and correct her if she's too far off.

I shouldn't have much problem finding arrows. I live about 40 miles from Lancaster Archery. I just don't want to buy the wrong spine.

Next is a decent single pin sight. Looking at the Impact AR-19. Anybody have any experience with that one?
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Spiker.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver