Thread: Anybody w/OT2?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody w/OT2?

Got a problem here so who to ask, but "the guys". Anybody have OT2 or similar?

I have a 10 year old student I've been coaching and just spent several hours setting up her bow. She's been shooting it and doing well, but I'm trying to help her hit a magical 500 on a Vegas round. The bow is a Razor Edge, short little thing. Trying to sync the cams was a real booger. Came down to the cams hittin stops, one 1/8" ahead of the other. 1/2 twist on a cable made it go 1/8" off the other way. Finally got it down to putting 1/2 twist in a yoke. I hate these short bows. Finicky little things.

Anyway, A2A is right at 30", brace height is 7" even, draw weight is 29.36# (maxed), and AMO draw length is 21.5". I'm assuming the cams are the soft variety. She's shooting GT UL-600 arrows, 22" long, 4" feathers, 80gr target tips, and pin nocks. What spine arrow should I be looking for and what would not hit her parents' wallet too hard? Also, consider that I will probably keep the new arrows about 24" long to allow for growth and eventually going up to 35# over the course of the summer. Oh, I'd like to use inserts and screw in points (65gr Saunders combo).

I know these are way too stiff as I shoot the same shaft at 27" and 45# and they're a touch too stiff for my Nemisis. I'm thinking somewhere around a 1000 spine for her. Anybody give me a hand here?

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Default Anybody w/OT2?

Know what you're going through, Barry.

Might contact Muddy Outdoors. They have 500 to 1000 spine arrows. They could work the numbers and give you a arrow build.

I lucked out by using Beman Jr Hunters, inserts already installed, and 125 gr points with 10 gr weight rings (brass rings from N.A.P.). My little student had a much more tremendous draw length, 23" and a whopping 37 pounds of draw

Post Thanks / Like

OT2 suggests XX75 Tribute in 1214's or 1413's
    or CB Medallion XR's in 2000.
    All at 24" with about 150gns on the front.

Post Thanks / Like

While I figure out what spine would work best I'm actually thinking of trying aluminum, possibly a 1413 shaft. Just get a couple and see if we can get them bare shafting. Only thing with those is that I'd have to use glue-on nocks, but learned a long time ago that they don't necessarily have to be glued on. Once I get the spine figured out I might even spring for some ACC's. It's my dime (gift for her) and she is pretty far beyond using cheap youth arrows. Heck, she can hold 4 1/2" groups at 30 yards. Been to a couple 3D shoots and a 3D practice course at our club and hasn't lost an arrow yet. Of course I'm careful to keep her at 25 yards or less till she feels more confident. I even let her guess her own yardages and correct her if she's too far off.

I shouldn't have much problem finding arrows. I live about 40 miles from Lancaster Archery. I just don't want to buy the wrong spine.

Next is a decent single pin sight. Looking at the Impact AR-19. Anybody have any experience with that one?
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Spiker.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver