Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cougar II MT-6 need sonme guidance please

Post Thanks / Like

I probably have everything you need to get it up and shooting, including some old aluminum arrows.
    Ill dig around and if so - you can pm me your address and I'll send it all to you.
    You just cover the shipping.

Sonny Thomas

Default Cougar II MT-6 need sonme guidance please

Quote Originally Posted by kilohertz View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. Yes, it's drilled/tapped for about 3/8" stud, on the rear of the riser, I think below the grip area. Also drilled tapped for a rest, so I just need to find one to fit.
    cheers for now,
    Paul
    Paul,
    Spiker says he might have all you need. The guide rod for the 3/8" hole has the nut on the rod and usually the rod is a offset rod. If Spike doesnt' have that then I may just have one. I'll check this weekend.
    Same like Spiker, just cover shipping.

Sonny

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are awesome!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and for helping me get this classic rig running and me shooting. My son's bow, by comparison, is pretty easy...just pick the one that fits him at the store, and of a good quality and one he can grow with, and legally hunt with if he chooses to, and head to the check out. My focus is to get him a good bow to grow with, and my requirements are secondary, and when funds become available, I can move into something more modern...but who knows..from what I have been researching in the last few weeks...when I get this set up, this Cougar may be all I need.

Thanks again!

Paul

PS I just chased the threads with a tap, and both the side mount (rest) and front/rear cable rod and ??? are 5/16" NF.
    Last edited by kilohertz; 05-24-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the offers. Did either of you have any success in locating mentioned items?

Cheers

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

PM me your address - Ill get it boxed up when I get home tonight and in the mail in the am.

Post Thanks / Like

Great site, is'nt it? Can't get much more help than than! Spiker, you 'da man'!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Ya you guys have been a great help! Thanks!

I took the bow to the indoor range last night and had the fellows check it out. Although it's much older technology, they still appreciated the quality of construction and thought it was a great start for me. One of them installed a peep for me and helped get things setup. It's setup for 52 lb pull and has about 25lb let off. Just need to install Scott's parts and I'm good to go.

I think I have settled on either a Browning Micro Adrenaline or Fred Bear Apprentice for my son. We should both be ready to start in about a week or so....as soon as the rain stops here....jeezzzz.

Cheers

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I just received the package from Spiker...

Thanks Scott! Very much appreciated. I now have all items to finish the bow and get shootin'! He even sent me the mounting screws, which I have found out are 5/16 NF button head. Hard to get locally.

I bought my son the Browning Micro Adrenaline and he is loving it..shooting 2 weeks now and doing well. I am about to join him in the next few days, as time permits. We're into his baseball playoffs now and I am coach so we are quite busy with that until end of June.

Thanks again Scott, and everyone else who helped out here. I'll post pics when it's all done.

Cheers

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I, for one, will be waiting to see the compleated bow. I'd also like to know how your team did in the playoffs.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

You can find a saunders Z rod to screw in the back, Cobra also made one that will work, there are a few stores online that still carry them. That would get you set up for the cable guard rod. As for a rest, are you going to use a release or fingers, this will drive what type of rest you want to get.