Thread: Martin wall sign

Sonny Thomas

Default Martin wall sign

Got two of them. The sign, not the Martin bows. Make me a offer. Might sell one and keep one...depending on the offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sonny Thomas

Default Martin wall sign

I have a offer of $20 and shipping of $12. It will go so make a best offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just gotta......

Sonny, sorry, the banners are too big for my office, aka the broom closet, but I have to ask, are those really Martin bows or did you do some photo shopping ?! lol They can't be real !

Sonny Thomas

Default Martin wall sign

They are the real deal. Both bows are owned by our 3D club President. The camo is Martin's camo. The stabilizer is not a stabilizer. It is a storage compartment. The Kam-Act was a bow beyond it's time, adjustable from 20 to 80 pounds and adjustable for draw length from 22 to 32 and all in the same bow.
    Some 1000 bows were made before it was shelved. I understand this was done due to possible infringement rights of the Allen bow.

And consider this awesome bow is not a fluke. Martin had wild ideas way back when that are now the hot items of today.

Check this out - girls back then and bows custom painted that make today's pukey; http://www.archeryhistory.com/compounds/kamact.php

Post Thanks / Like

Checked out the link, Well ahead of their time. What made me comment on the link was the photo of Roy Huff at the Fresno Safari, my wife and I used to attend Fresno Safari every year, and was the first place I saw a compound in about 1970-71. A great novelty shoot!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, those are SO kewl! You ever get to shoot one, Sonny? I like the limb tip change in the bottom, red bow. The first compounds weren't much in the let-off department, were they; even these and it was a selling point for them. And, they look taller than the little gal holding the one. Thanks for the link, interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw one of those bows for sale on Ebay the other day. Almost bought it just for the "coolness factor". Now I wish I had for the nostalgia factor.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Sonny Thomas

Default Martin wall sign

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I just saw one of those bows for sale on Ebay the other day. Almost bought it just for the "coolness factor". Now I wish I had for the nostalgia factor.
    The KamAct went through several changes. You have to look, but the two pictured have slightly different cams. Both have single limb bolts, but others had two bolts per limb. Both of these have positive draw stops, but Pat didn't like the click when they hit. Probably some type of silencer is missing or later added.

I think I posted this long ago here, but the Camo KamAct belonged to Pat's father and Pat's father did kill a deer with it. Pat had it in his mind to do the same thing, but I understand he spoke with Terry and the camo is the more valuable bow, collector wise. How much, I don't know. The KamAct was given to him by a friend of his father's. I understand it hung in garage for several years. When they dug it out it completely covered with bird dropping and paint camo. And again, a old time Martin dealer had bunches of new cables and stuff for the KamAct from years back. The old dealer's wife also had a KamAct (deceased these many years). The Dealer keeps it for a reason. It has two limb bolts per limb. I forget, but possibly Martin went to one limb bolts, as per the dealer, because cracks between the two bolts.