Thread: new bow

overdraw

Question new bow

I am thinking of geting a new bow, my only problem is the only place that has Martin bows around her is Cabelas. They only had one. I was looking for any input on which ones to try out. the closest Pro dealer is around 3 hours away.
    I am looking to replace my jaguar mag. with something slightly faster and quieter.

Post Thanks / Like

For the dollar value I'd suggest the Bengal, hands down. There are several bows in the pro line such as the MOAB and the FireCat. The FireCat is a lot faster, but has a harsher draw and $200 more money. The MOAB is not all that different from the Bengal.

By the way, a 2008 Bengal can be identified by having a black MPro cam with a draw stop slo, whereas 2007 or older would have a cam that is pewter colored and no draw stop slot. MSRP is right at $399 and some places sell them for $349.

Hope some of this helps.

overdraw

Thanks all I have seen so far is the leopard but i didnt think it would bea great improvement over what i have. Have you shot a bengal?

Post Thanks / Like

Heck no, I haven't shot a Bengal. Why do you think I suggested it? Somebody has to be a guiney pig. LOL

Seriously, yes, I've shot it and if I had to buy a bow for hunting this would be it. I have last year's Pantera which is a clone, but with an A2A a couple inches longer. I like longer bows.

I could have suggested the MOAB, which is a great bow, but it's not that much different from the Bengal and is a Pro-shop only bow, which leaves you out (no shop nearby). And it's more money, too, at about $479. They both have the same A2A, brace height, and speed rating.

The Leopard is about the same bow, but shorter by a couple inches. I'm not really into ultrashort bows. I actually prefer about 36"-39" and I'm not a tall fellow at 5'8". Let's just say I pick my bows to shoot and hunting comes secondary to shooting.

overdraw

Thanks for the input. hopefully I can get my hands on one to shoot. i would love to compare it to my jag.

I don't want to order one with out comparing. My wife says I need to sell one or two before i get another.

Post Thanks / Like

You better get to selling then. Good Luck.

overdraw

ok so I join AT now comes the problem what to get rid of.
    I think the recurve goes first I dont shoot it much
    Then the jag