Thread: Fircat Specs?

IDABOW

Default Fircat Specs?

Asked this on AT, thought I'd try here to.

My Firecat is 32 3/16" ATA, and 6 3/4 brace at the 27" slot n the modules. Specs are 33", and 7". Is this shorter due to my draw length?

How do I determine my draw stop position? Coffey scale reads 70lbs, with 14lbs. holding weight. That's right at 80% let off. How do I drop down a 1/4" or so draw? 26.5" is to short, but 27" feels (on this bow) too long. Should I shorten the string or lengthen the cables?

I LOVE this bow! This is my first short ATA bow and it's great!

Finally how do you tweek the CATS to get the most out of them?

Thanks Steve

cb671

Hey Steve there's a post at archerytalk that show's the position of Cat Cam's where the person found to be a sweet spot for him. Gonna give that a Try once my Firecat come's in.

IDABOW

Next ? Can I safely back the limb bolts out to twist the cables and strings? I have a bowmaster press but I cant use the split limb adapters due to the drawstop. Using it through the limbs act as though they would rub the limb forks. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

If the FireCat is like other Martin bows it has long limb bolts. You can actually back them out far enough to completely remove tension from the limbs. In other words you can disassemble the bow without a press.

Take notice that the bolts thread into barrel nuts in the riser (seen from the side). See how far you can back the bolts out before you start seeing daylight through the barrel nut.

Example. Because of neck surgery I had to back off the weight on my 55# Pantera to be able to shoot. I had it down to 27# and still no daylight through the barrel nut. Oh, and I don't know how many turns that was. I just cranked it down till I could handle it, but it was about 8-10 turns.

By the way, thanks for the heads up about using the split adaptors and the Bowmaster. I expect my FireCat just about any day (month?) now so I'll find this out myself. Nice to know ahead of time though.

IDABOW

That's the only thing I don't like, is not being able to use the split limb adapters. It makes it easier to press if it weren't for the drawstop.

On AT, members recomend the cables being wrapped tight, within 1/8" of the posts. Will that help some of the vibration?
    I have great speed, but a little more vibes and noise than I thought I would get.

STS position, string resting, or a gap between?

Speed is 292@ 70 lbs, 27" draw, d loop and peep.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly can't help with the vibration problem. Don't know if you caught it, but I haven't gotten my FireCat yet. I'm a staff shooter and ordered it sight unseen and haven't shot one yet. So I'll have some things to learn when I get mine.

Best thing I can suggest is to play with the cam position and see what happens.

With all my other bows I like the string just touching the string stopper. I'm not sure it makes too much difference. Mine have been home made and fit in the cable guard hole as I have been shooting the Nitrous X cams. Closer to the center of the string. About 1 1/2" above the nocking point.

Sorry I couldn't help more.