Thread: limbs

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default limbs

has anyone seen a direct relationship with cracking limbs and how it always seems to be the drawstop limb on the 2cam models. the drawstop putting added pressure on one side of the fork at full draw. i have seen 7 instances of this on right and left handed bows.

Sonny Thomas

Default limbs

Split on same side, but related, I don't know? The 2010 Shadowcat was a fairly long ata bow, 41 1/2", so twist of the limbs really isn't there as with shorter ata bows.

Seems my limb split near the axle and the cross pin of the limb is still there. And as the limb let loose it peeled it self.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 06-06-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

wow that looks like it was pretty violent. my 2012 onzaIII cracked apart diagonally in the same direction as the drawstop applies pressure. A friend's two 2011 shadowcats cracked in the same way, twice. martin actually took them in and gave him two sceptors, and he cracked at least one of those. he shoots fingers at 70lbs and i think he pulls pretty hard against the wall. I actually thought about taking the stops off my onza and seeing how firm the wall is with the mods rotating against the cables.

Sonny Thomas

Default limbs

I wouldn't remove the draw stop. Maybe back it off a tad, but have it there to pervent a possible lock up at full draw. That could get ugly big time.

Even if backing off the draw stop helped it doesn't solve the problem, just puts it off until....

I haven't heard of any problems with the Power Tough limbs. Mine are doing fine and not the far off from being actually two years old and a ton a shot on them. Bow was delivered about this time in 2011.

So many changes took place with the Power Tough limbs and Cams. My bow sent to Martin, Brandon told me they couldn't get it to spec out. So I was offered a new 2012 Scepter V to replace it.
    The updated cams of 2012 I believe were a improvement - cable posts moved off the rim of the cam, but I haven't heard anyone else say anything. Really amazing that someone hasn't said something about the Scepter V.

Post Thanks / Like

My warthog cracked the bottom limb at the roto cup, but I'm a lefty so the stop is on the top.
    Just got it back this week new limbs and hybrix cams. ATA went from 35 to 34" brace from 6.25 to 6.5".
    Really like the feel of the hybrix cams over the Cat2 cams smoother draw and better valley.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by P&Y136 View Post
    My warthog cracked the bottom limb at the roto cup, but I'm a lefty so the stop is on the top.
    Just got it back this week new limbs and hybrix cams. ATA went from 35 to 34" brace from 6.25 to 6.5".
    Really like the feel of the hybrix cams over the Cat2 cams smoother draw and better valley.
    That should be one great shooting bow.!