Thread: Need Help with my FrankenOnza project....

Live in Boerne TX. Work where the oil is found.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help with my FrankenOnza project....

Howdy Folks,
    I've been wanting to go lighter on my draw weights and get back into a Martin bow at the same time. Enter a 2011 Onza 3 that I was able to buy off of an AT member for less than 200 bills. He stated in his add that it maxed out at #47 which was exactly what I was looking for. Sadly, I got it in hand and found out that the 1.5 cams that were on it would not make my 29" draw. Enter a fellow Martin Forum member who needed the 1.5s. He was able to locate a set of brand new Rytera Hybrix 2.0s which, with a couple of simple shims and a new string, worked perfectly. He get the 1.5s for his Safari Bow project and I got the cams that I needed. Enter Problem.....With the 2.0s in place, my limbs (Deflection 01LP) now only max at #37. I tried adding some twist to my cables to see what I could recover but, after 5 twists and only a gain of #1, I decided that wasn't going to be the way to go. Now I need to find out what limbs I should start looking for in order to get back to my desired #45-#50 range?
    Any help is highly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Doc
    recondoc@gvtc.com

PS....Also have a New/Old Stock 2011 Nemesis coming with #60 max limbs on it. If you know anyone who has a lighter set of limbs and wants to swap, give me a shout.
    Semper Fi! Corpsman Up!

Life Member of PETA
    (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals))

Sonny Thomas

Default Need Help with my FrankenOnza project....

Perhaps you should have got with us sooner. 1.5 cams wouldn't make 29" of draw? You putting forth like it was too short. Well, something was wrong right off the bat. Every Onza I've worked on and shot checked long for draw length setting. Some as much as a inch too long.

Post Thanks / Like

If 1L is giving you 37#, you'd need to go to a 3L for 47#, or 3M for 49# roughly. Each number increase is a 5# increase, and each letter is a 2# jump. L-M-H.........2-4-6#.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Live in Boerne TX. Work where the oil is found.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sir,
    Doc
    Semper Fi! Corpsman Up!

Life Member of PETA
    (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals))

Post Thanks / Like

I have some 12" black round top limbs 4h slightly more than you need but back limb bolts off a little and it would shoot faster at 48 lbs than a 48 lb limb max
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.