Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin X-200?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevtech View Post

Not much input from this web site.
    That's because many of us on here are not traditional shooters. I'm not a traditional guy myself. Hopefully as this forum gains new members there will be more input.

By the way, Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevtech View Post
    Happy with my groupings but my two unfletched arrows are out in left field.
    Literature says its to heavy spline on arrows. New arrows - expensive.
    Heavier bow; Not an option. Heavier tips, could be, but how much? is it practical. Adjust rest in and out with no change.
    I will go back to the shop tomorrow. I hope they can help.

Not much input from this web site.
    Can't really give you much input with the information provided??? Draw weight? Draw length? Arrow length? Spine? Tip weight? What bow are you shooting? Can't be an X-200, since you mentioned adjusting the rest in/out.

Best way to get help is to start a new thread and ask the right questions.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

I picked one up new a couple weeks back. It's been a number of years since the last time I held any bow so my opinion is rather limited. It looks well made and the reinforced tips are a good idea with the new high tech strings we now have. I expected a long learning curve to acquire some amount of accuracy but this bow made it easy getting back into form. Or so it seemed. 3 inch groups at 15 yards may not be noteworthy but taking into account my 3 decade absence, that's pretty good to me. The only issue I had was with the stringer. I had a heck of a time trying to get the string to slide up under the leather boot which was crowding the string groove. It's incredibly light which will be noticed on those long treks and hits where you point it. I didn't notice an excessive amount of string noise which to me shouldn't be an issue anyway. If an animal can duck an arrow from that warning alone, it probably deserves to live.
    Martin X-200 45#
    Diamond Outlaw 60#
    Hoyt Buffalo 50#

Post Thanks / Like

Nice choice, they really are a light bow.

The stringers that come with the bow are difficult to use, at best. I picked up a Selway/Limbsaver stringer and it works great, has a large cup for the lower limb and a rubber pad for the upper that allows you to slide the string.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to head over to local shop and see if they have a Selway stringer. From what I've read, you're not supposed to use the old over the leg method anymore. I think it's a matter of how it's done as to whether you twist your bow into a pretzel or not but I'm not one to argue.
    Martin X-200 45#
    Diamond Outlaw 60#
    Hoyt Buffalo 50#