Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Bengal Acc- trac rest adjustment!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Bengal Acc- trac rest adjustment!

Okay Bow techs, I have a 2010 Bengal with Accu-trac and a QAD ultra rest. The blazers are leaving there marks on the arm. So I used the second arm that they recommend. I raised my nock point 1/8th high and it seems to be better. But not totally cured. How high is too high with the nock point. Also how high before I start having the vanes hitting the upper bar. This bow is shooting nock point low.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I'd go as high as 3/8" if I had to. As for vanes hitting the upper containment bar let me explain my thoughts. I have a Code Red on my Nemisis--similar to the QAD. The first thing I did when I took it out of the package was remove that bar. I just don't see any practical need for it. The next thing I did was take a pair of side cutters and snip the launcher arms to make them shorter; approximately 1/2" high, which is plenty. In fact 1/4" would still be enough.

Don't quite know what you're up to, but I'd raise the nocking point till you get a bullet hole through paper just to see how high you have to go. Could be you'll have to put more pressure on one limb or the other (limb bolt) to get it squared up. Of course this assumes your arrows are properly spined.

Then again it's possible the rest itself is at fault. Not dropping quick enough. Maybe try using a different rest or different timing.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try that Barry, I have a good speed out of the bow. With my old rest I got bullet holes no fletching contact. Now with the QAD I am getting a little bit of fletching contact and have not paper tuned yet. But the bow is quiet and I am grouping well at 30 and 40 yards. Just want to make sure I have as little or no contact from the vanes.
    30 yard
    30yard.jpg

40 yard
    40 yards.jpg

Hutch

Sonny Thomas

Default 2010 Bengal Acc- trac rest adjustment!

How's the rest timing? Most all drop aways are said to be fully up 1 to 1 1/2" (before reaching full draw < added today). QAD states two different manners. 1 - enough tension to be fully up. 2 - Fully up the last couple of inches. So probably a bit of trial and error. I've set so many different drop rests I'm afraid count, but all seem to work well once adjusted. I have the phone number for QAD you need it.

If up too soon, then the draw cord puts excessive pressure on the down cable and can effect the bow timing - in the case of a single cam, cam rotation to some degree - sort of flop jump.

Spring tension has also been a issue with some rests. They have to drop so fast, but stay up long enough to give good guidance. Of limb driven rests, spring tension has to be enough raise arrow and keep it up (been here before).

I have one drop rest that requires just enough to keep it up. Any more is totally unnecessary.

Nocking point. Seems all must be locked fully up. Locked up like in locked fully up. Can be a pain with some.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 06-11-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Bill, I'd go as high as 3/8" if I had to. As for vanes hitting the upper containment bar let me explain my thoughts. I have a Code Red on my Nemisis--similar to the QAD. The first thing I did when I took it out of the package was remove that bar. I just don't see any practical need for it. The next thing I did was take a pair of side cutters and snip the launcher arms to make them shorter; approximately 1/2" high, which is plenty. In fact 1/4" would still be enough.

Don't quite know what you're up to, but I'd raise the nocking point till you get a bullet hole through paper just to see how high you have to go. Could be you'll have to put more pressure on one limb or the other (limb bolt) to get it squared up. Of course this assumes your arrows are properly spined.

Then again it's possible the rest itself is at fault. Not dropping quick enough. Maybe try using a different rest or different timing.
    Okay Barry, the QAD ultra rest does drop quick enough for 350fps plus bows, so that would not be the problem. The problem I had was with the Accu Trac cam is shooting my arrow nock point low, actually lower than I thought. It could be the speed nocks I added. Well anyway I was a little over 1/8" high on the nock point. So I needed to know how high I could go. I took your advice and am now a little under 3/8 with no vane contact. Shooting very well and extremely accurate. Here is a pic of the bullet hole
    IMG_1680.JPG

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Default QAD rest

I think Sonny is correct,I had the same problem and finally got it adjusted.make sure your rest doesn't come to the fully upright position until about 1 to 1.5 in. Before full draw any sooner and it will stay up too long and you'll get fletching contact. Hope you get it adjusted they really are awesome rests!
    2012 Pantera Magnum 70#
    Oneida Strike Eagle 60-80#

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dale817 View Post
    I think Sonny is correct,I had the same problem and finally got it adjusted.make sure your rest doesn't come to the fully upright position until about 1 to 1.5 in. Before full draw any sooner and it will stay up too long and you'll get fletching contact. Hope you get it adjusted they really are awesome rests!
    Yeah they are great rests. My problem was fletching contact at the base of the arm. Clearly from the arrow nock going to low.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Bullet hole looks good right now. I assume you will be using this for hunting sooner or later. Now check POI between field points and broadheads.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Bullet hole looks good right now. I assume you will be using this for hunting sooner or later. Now check POI between field points and broadheads.
    Sure will Barry! I will practice for a few months they start the broad head tuning.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Pshhh fixing this is easy ... throw a Limb Driver on there, let the bow do all the timing work
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff