Thread: Realiability of Springy Rest

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Realiability of Springy Rest

In searching through my small archery parts box, I came across a few new springy rests. Would you say springy rests are consistent enough to put on my future recurve for target work? or would the standard arm and plunger be the way to go?

Carl

These are my springys

springy2best.jpg
    Last edited by carl365; 06-10-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Sonny Thomas

Carl, which Springy rest? Martin and others made them. I could never get them adjusted to safe my life. They worked, just not like I wanted.

I liked the flipper with use of adjustable berger button, solid or spring. Last time I used such a set up was with a old Pearson Indoor compound (wheelie) target bow, flipper and solid nylon berger button. Screw driver and tiny bits of adjustment and I was on with my normal anchor and one over and two under fingers. I had a ball shooting indoor 3D targets - 20 yards. Better sights and I'd of backed up as far as I could.

I have a few of the old Flippers, 4 or 5 new in box, but the glue has dried out on the back. I also have a solid nylon berger button and adjustable spring plunger (stuck -soaking it now).
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 06-10-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Carl, which Springy rest? Martin and others made them. I could never get them adjusted to safe my life. They worked, just not like I wanted.

I liked the flipper with use of adjustable berger button, solid or spring. Last time I used such a set up was with a old Pearson Indoor compound (wheelie) target bow, flipper and solid nylon berger button. Screw driver and tiny bits of adjustment and I was on with my normal anchor and one over and two under fingers. I had a ball shooting indoor 3D targets - 20 yards. Better sights and I'd of backed up as far as I could.

I have a few of the old Flippers, 4 or 5 new in box, but the glue has dried out on the back. I also have a solid nylon berger button and adjustable spring plunger (stuck -soaking it now).
    I put a photo on the original post above.

Post Thanks / Like

Used them many moons ago, always had the best luck with left wing feathers with them and a medium spring.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Sonny Thomas

Me? Bottom right. If you can adjust them, 4th down on left. Of course, feathers is the only way to go.
    I've used plastic vanes, but a bit bending the end of the spring - straight with arrow..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Me? Bottom right. If you can adjust them, 4th down on left. Of course, feathers is the only way to go.
    I've used plastic vanes, but a bit bending the end of the spring - straight with arrow..
    Since I have to re-fletch all my arrows because the plastic vanes have become brittle, I'll try a few with feathers, also want to try different size fletches just to see.

Carl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SJunior View Post
    Used them many moons ago, always had the best luck with left wing feathers with them and a medium spring.
    These rests are from many moons ago, the early 1990's.

Thanks!
    Carl