Thread: Archers Paradox Video

Post Thanks / Like

Default Archers Paradox Video

You've probably seen this but I thought it was a pretty good video of the arrow.
    Interesting too how the sight wobbles around like jello.

Archers Paradox video

Post Thanks / Like

Looks cool. I think it is a Hoyt recurve. I wanna see one from a compound bow. Definitely makes me wanna tight down my screws. Thanks for the video.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Sonny Thomas

Rubber arrows for ya

Of course archer's paradox is string coming off the fingers. And then the arrow is more center shot than shooting off the shelf of a curve, which I did for years. And then self bows!

With a compound and release you have a straight forward power stroke. Because of this a otherwise weak arrow can be built just so and perform outstandingly....right point weight, right weight of vanes. The CXL Pro 150s I use for my Shadowcat are considered too weak by CX techs, but they are super accurate - I lost track... I think between the 2010 and 2011 Shadowcats I took high overall 6 or 7 times at club 3Ds and one high overall in a ASA Indoor DAIR Qualifier. Now, if I was as accurate as the bow and the arrows.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Rubber arrows for ya

Of course archer's paradox is string coming off the fingers. And then the arrow is more center shot than shooting off the shelf of a curve, which I did for years. And then self bows!

With a compound and release you have a straight forward power stroke. Because of this a otherwise weak arrow can be built just so and perform outstandingly....right point weight, right weight of vanes. The CXL Pro 150s I use for my Shadowcat are considered too weak by CX techs, but they are super accurate - I lost track... I think between the 2010 and 2011 Shadowcats I took high overall 6 or 7 times at club 3Ds and one high overall in a ASA Indoor DAIR Qualifier. Now, if I was as accurate as the bow and the arrows.....
    The slow motion vids sure shows and clarifies exactly what they talk about in all the tuning directions. Turns out there are lots of slo-mo vids on Youtube, some are great. I saw one compound with a release, amazing how straight the arrow goes through the rest, no turning movements of any kind in the arrow. Now I see clearly how setting up for vane clearance works. What I'm looking at most is the exact moment the fingers release the string, just how the best shooters do it.

Carl

Sonny Thomas

When I was best with finger...(gulp!) many years ago, I shot anything and everything. Letting my fingers relax was just second nature. Seems I could hold forever back then.
    I don't go for the "draw last inch and let fly" I see today at 3Ds. And I can't ever remember Vic Wunderle do that either. Terry, Vic, Sally and Dawn use to shoot at our club many years back.

Whoa! Memories! It's been a few years now, but Terry and I use to go for the I.A.A. Big Doe Award. Got him one year and came in second to him every time until I quit the IAA. Been a few since I last spoke with Terry. His shoulder was so messed up and he can't have surgery. So maybe he's quit shooting now. This would be when I was over the Awards of the IAA. He took top honors of the Big Game Award of which I presented him and later that same year, with the same deer, took Top honors in the NFAA Big Game Award.

Note; I ain't done a whole lot as for upper level competition, but I've been in the middle of so dang much. Archery club Sec/Trea for 9 years straight, on the Board of Directors of the IAA, local Area Rep for the ASA and sat in a few other club's meetings as advisor. And I R the Black Sheep. Something is wrong, it's wrong and I rag it until something is corrected in one manner or another.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited to try fingers, oh, I did it a couple times way back then when I first got the compound but not to any serious degree. Then I tried a release and quickly forgot about fingers.

Yeah, you were really into it, clubs and all, I just enjoyed shooting all the local field tournaments and indoor 20 yard stuff.

Too bad about Terry's shoulder, hopefully he was still able to shoot. About three years ago I crashed on the bike and got a separated shoulder, I wasn't sure how it would hold up as the bow arm but luckily, it's been fine so far.