Thread: Scepter V vs Shadowcat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scepter V vs Shadowcat

Out of pure intrest, how do the shadowcat and scepter compare?

Post Thanks / Like

The ShadowCat was a bit longer approximately 1 1/2". And whereas the ShadowCat had a 3pc riser the ScepterV was of one solid pc of machined aluminum. Everything else was the same. Just using my common sense I'd say if you shoot them both while blindfolded you would not be able to tell the difference.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Yeah, it'd been nice if the Scepter V shooters would "show and tell."

My 2011 Shadowcat is still going strong. Accuracy is great and using CXL Pro 150s I have good speed for ASA events.

Post Thanks / Like

Default scepter v

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Thomas View Post
    Yeah, it'd been nice if the Scepter V shooters would "show and tell."

My 2011 Shadowcat is still going strong. Accuracy is great and using CXL Pro 150s I have good speed for ASA events.
    I had two of the original 39 inch ATA prototype shadowcats and they were outstanding bows. As far as I'm concerned Martin made a big mistake when they decided to added 2 1/4 inches to the sight window on the shadowcat that was released. The 41 1/4 ATA shadowcat felt bulky and not nearly as well balanced to me.Of course that's just my opinion. I have two of the new 2013 scepter v and not since the Martin cougar 2000 elite have I had a bow in my hands that felt so perfect. Without question the new scepter v is the finest target bow I've ever shot. Martin archery has absolutely hit a home run with this bow and if it is on your short list you need to take one out for test drive and see for yourself.I will take a couple pictures and post them next week.right now they're packed away for a big shoot this weekend.
    Owner of Prairie archery
    Grangeville, Idaho

Post Thanks / Like

A good friend of mine picked up a used Septer V from guy he met at the Redding shoot.
    I shot it and my Shadowcat back to back.
    To me the Septer V draws and shoots alot smoother than the Shadowcat.
    I just wish that the ppl at Martin would of made it a longer ATA rather than a shorter ATA.

If anyone at Martin was to really give a hoot, listen to the ppl that shoot the bows and make a finger bow that will kill the domination that Hoyt has on the market.
    I know that we are a small number of shooters, but a bow with a ATA of at least 46" would make a killer target and 3-D bow for everyone.
    Just my .02 worth.

Heck, I would even pitch in a couple of hunderd to help build a prototype with a 46" ATA. and do the testing.
    I know I could sell at least 5 bows in a heartbeat right here in So. Ca.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by themiddleman View Post
    I had two of the original 39 inch ATA prototype shadowcats and they were outstanding bows. As far as I'm concerned Martin made a big mistake when they decided to added 2 1/4 inches to the sight window on the shadowcat that was released. The 41 1/4 ATA shadowcat felt bulky and not nearly as well balanced to me.Of course that's just my opinion. I have two of the new 2013 scepter v and not since the Martin cougar 2000 elite have I had a bow in my hands that felt so perfect. Without question the new scepter v is the finest target bow I've ever shot. Martin archery has absolutely hit a home run with this bow and if it is on your short list you need to take one out for test drive and see for yourself.I will take a couple pictures and post them next week.right now they're packed away for a big shoot this weekend.
    Here in south africa there is only one importer i think (19h drive from me). Not sure if they still bring in martin anymore for that matter, so testing one out is out of the question. But since you have 2, toss one my way why dont you LOL
    Would be nice to see a couple of pics of them

Post Thanks / Like

what are the Scepters retailing at anyway? it aint on the online store

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sa-shooter View Post
    what are the Scepters retailing at anyway? it aint on the online store
    I paid 700$ CDN for mine and at that price a REALLY good buy IMO. One of the best bows I've ever had the pleasure of shooting with.
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Sonny Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by themiddleman View Post
    Additional; The first 2010 Shadowcats had ata of 41 1/2" and a squarish grip. The black paint gave a super nice feel.
    Later runs of the 2010 Shadowcats had a more contoured grip, far better than the earlier models.
    In 2011 the Shadowcat was shortened to 41 1/4", but had strings identical in length of the 2010.
    I had all three..... Still have the 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

my scepter v is smoother and faster than my shadowcat...but i really like the shadowcat for indoors for some reason. the scepter rolls over smoother than the s.c. the finish on the s.c. is superior to the finish on the scepter, but the way i bang my bows around that really isn't an issue.

my s.c. must be one of the early ones because the grip is much more square than the scepter.