Thread: Best Low Profile Vane

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Low Profile Vane

I am wanting a bit more clearance on my Diamond Iceman with the Flexguard rollers. Which vane do any of you use? I've been a Blazer and feathers recently and have tried the Norway Fusions and AAE Vanes. I shoot only fixed blade Magnus or Muzzy Phantoms so I need my arrows to stabilized quickly.

Sonny Thomas

Default Best Low Profile Vane

Going with a low profile there are several good vanes on the market, just pick one. I used 4" AAEs for years on my hunting arrows and even my Field and Outdoor target arrows.

Duravane in 4 inch is one we've used at the shop and no one has complained.

I have a supply of Bohning 4 inch Killer Vanes that will get the call come sighting in time for hunting.

And then for stabilation, full helical and it depends on just how well you have your bow tuned. I tried AAEs fletched about 3 degrees with the NAP Braxe fixed broadhead. Accuracy was great out to 40 yards.

I tried the NAP 4" Quick Spins and wasn't entirely happy. Accuracy was fine, but seemed I lost some down range speed over the AAEs I was using. BUT! I fletched them almost 3 degrees. Straight would undoubtly do the trick. However, Quick Spins aren't inexpensive. Still, shop selling out, I have a few hundred for $10 per 100 plus shipping. If some one were buy 2 or 3 hundred I'd look at reducing cost.

Don't know if Carbon Express vanes got off the ground or not, but I have a package that would fletch 6. They look and feel much like the AAE.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 06-13-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sonny, I think I'll get some AAE Elites 4" and try them on the Blitz. right helical.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I don't hunt any more I still have some GT 22 Pro Series that are wearing Duravane LP 400 vanes. I made these up to get better clearance when using Nitrous X cams without having to install the long axle kit. They did an admirable job of stabilizing my broadhead tipped arrows. I actually weighed each one in the pack of 50 and they were very consistent, weighing right at 6.6 grains with no more than + or - .2 grains. That tells me somebody was paying attention to quality.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

another vote for aae vanes thats all I will use
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vanes

Flex Fletch makes a low profile vane that sticks on the shaft really well and holds world records. You can get them reasonably priced...but not directly from FF> When I get home I will give you the address. They are only .300 tall and clear almost anything. The 1.87" stabilize extremely well with 3 degree helical. I have shot them to 80 yards and they fly great...with the least speed loss of any vane I've tried.

Post Thanks / Like

I'v used blazer, AAE and currently use Norway Neon Fusions. Very stable and weight @ .7 per vane. No issues with glue as I use AAE glue with a white wrap.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator