Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I get the STS for my Bengal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Should I get the STS for my Bengal?

I've got an '08 Bengal. It doesn't have the STS system on it. A couple weeks ago I accidentally dry fired the bow while adjusting the draw weight. After looking over the bow, it looks like the only thing that needs replacing is the slide. I appear to have got off lucky there. The peep sight popped out, and a string leech I put in last year partially came out. I just pulled it out the rest of the way. The string and cable needed replacing anyway, so I'm not worried about that. My bow never came with the STS system. Since I have to take it in, I was wondering if I should order the STS system from Martin (#8897)? If I do I'll order the Easy Teflon Slide (#BP50) while I'm at it. Does the STS quiet down the bow quite a bit? How long does the bumper last?

Post Thanks / Like

I would say no until I picked one up for my 09 cheetah and it made a world of difference. You don't need one but its definitely nice to have.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    I've got an '08 Bengal. It doesn't have the STS system on it. A couple weeks ago I accidentally dry fired the bow while adjusting the draw weight. After looking over the bow, it looks like the only thing that needs replacing is the slide. I appear to have got off lucky there. The peep sight popped out, and a string leech I put in last year partially came out. I just pulled it out the rest of the way. The string and cable needed replacing anyway, so I'm not worried about that. My bow never came with the STS system. Since I have to take it in, I was wondering if I should order the STS system from Martin (#8897)? If I do I'll order the Easy Teflon Slide (#BP50) while I'm at it. Does the STS quiet down the bow quite a bit? How long does the bumper last?
    In my opinion the STS is definitely a benefit. My 07 Jaguar and my 11 Firecat 400 both have an STS, and are both very quiet. The Jaguar doesn't even have string silencers. As far as the life of the bumper itself, I've never seen one wear out.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Once you you shoot a bow with a sts you will never want to shoot a bow with out one
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    Once you you shoot a bow with a sts you will never want to shoot a bow with out one
    x1000

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    Pretty much true. When I got my Cheetah, wasn't fitted with one, picked up the Limb Saver universal and made a huge difference. It's an easy upgrade to make and if your riser is drilled for a rear mount, it is really easy to do.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll get the STS from Martin. My bow has the hole for the STS, so I'm good to go there.

Post Thanks / Like

Along with dampening the string vibration. I believe it also makes the arrow leave the string in a more consistent manner. I made one for my old panther and it was like shooting a totally different bow. made it with an old cable rod that was angled and picked up a bumper from the local shop. Works great.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

If you can justify the cost I'd recommend getting the new Carbon Stealth (part #8814). I replaced the original one (part #8812)on my 2012 Nemisis and it made a world of difference, More quiet and a different tone. I also have a 2011 Nemisis with the original STS and there is marked difference between the two bows
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Pretty much true. When I got my Cheetah, wasn't fitted with one, picked up the Limb Saver universal and made a huge difference. It's an easy upgrade to make and if your riser is drilled for a rear mount, it is really easy to do.
    I did the same when i used to have an exile. I had to mount a front mounted limb saver one, because it had no rear drilled hole. Worked great though
    IM BACK!!!!