Thread: 2012 Scepter V Pro, red riser, converted to NitrousX B cams, or can put back to stock

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Scepter V Pro, red riser, converted to NitrousX B cams, or can put back to stock

I've decided the Scepter V long ATA is just longer than I am really comfortable with. At my height (5'9") and draw length (27.5"), I find my Alien Z with NitrousX C cams fits me better.

The Scepter shoots very well with the NitrousX B cams. For the NitrousX cam conversion, I use a Dremel high speed orbital sander and slowly sand down between the limb forks to remove a couple hundredths, just enough to get the cams and an ultra thin nylon washer in there. I have done this on a ShadowCat (sold over a year ago) the Scepter V and my Alien Z. All have worked without any problems at all, but of course, I cannot guarantee anything. Like any bow, I would not shoot them with underweight arrows.

I have the Scepter V at ~59 pounds, at 27.5" with a 323 grain arrow and getting 293 fps for ASA tournaments. I am somewhere in the middle of the adjustment range. I need to check on the drawboard to be certain, but I know it will go longer at least an inch or two, maybe more. I will check and confirm tonight.

The cams are polished, and it has the wide axles. The strings are solid silver with silver serving, including Angel center serving. I make my own strings following the Little Jon (Deezlin on AT) video method. The strings are in great shape. I made them over the winter. I pre-stretch at 300#, so they are settled in. I only shot the bow for practice and a couple of turnaments in January and February before I went back to the Alien Z.

The riser is red and the only mark I have seen is just above the bottom rear stabilizer mounting hole, where my v bar mount rubbed a little. There may be typical marks at the rest and sight mount, but I usually do not use a set screw on the rest to mar the riser. The current limbs are 3L (I know they are 3, not sure about the L, M, H) and I am not bottomed out, so it should easily go over 60#, presumably to 65# or better with these limbs. The limbs are black carbon weave and have the white Martin logo, NOT the green. I replaced the limb bolts with longer length stainless, so the bow can be taken down without a press (like all Martins used to.)

I also have the stock limbs (also white logo) (~60#) and Nitro 1.5 cams and strings (black & grey strings) I can put back on the bow if someone just wants it as a stock Scepter V Pro. Or, if you want both so you can do your own experiments, I will sell it all.

Prices (all TYD in continental US/Canada, elsewhere, will have to check shipping):

Scepter V with NitrousX B cams - $525

Scepter V returned to stock with Nitro 1.5 cams - $400

Scepter V with Nitrous X B cams and extra limbs and Nitro 1.5 cams & cableguard - $ 625

I will post some pics tonight.

If the bow sells as a stock unit, I will keep the limbs and Nitrous X B cams for another project, so please hold the offers to buy the Nitrous cams alone.

Only possible trades or partial trades would be NitrousX C cams with mini mods (including X mods), MAYBE a pristine condition target colored SlayerX with Nitrous B or C cams, a later model short draw lower weight bow for my daughters (11 & 14), or a really good sight/scope/light combination.

Thanks,

Darren
    Last edited by dgmeadows; 06-17-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Staff Shooter - current arsenal 2011 Rytera Alien Z; 2010 Martin ShadowCat converted to NosX; 2007 Martin Pantera; 2005 Martin Cougar 3; 1999 Martin Fury (2); 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, oh and a PSE Sierra Hunter Recurve (anybody got a 50# Martin Aurora so I can get this PSE outahere ???)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Updated info & pics

The modules are currently on setting 3, which measures a touch over 27.5". So with the B cams, it will go up another inch to ~28.5 and down to ~ 25.5".

In the attached pics I tried to show the mark at the rear stab mount & others I just noticed tonight. There is a silver spot next to the upper rear stab mount and silver showing through at the QD mount points for the front stab & rear STS. That's all the tiny use marks I can find.

The codes on the limbs are 3LP. The codes on the original limbs with the Nitro 1.5 cams are 1MP.

To answer a couple questions, yes I did get the speed from shooting thru an actual chronograph. The arrows I used are Victory XRinger HV 350 with 125 grain points. Yes, I will list this bow on ArcheryTalk, but I thought I would give the Martin guys here first shot at it.

PM me with any more questions.IMG_20130617_202238_086.jpg

IMG_20130617_202350_278.jpg
    Martin/Rytera Silver Staff Shooter - current arsenal 2011 Rytera Alien Z; 2010 Martin ShadowCat converted to NosX; 2007 Martin Pantera; 2005 Martin Cougar 3; 1999 Martin Fury (2); 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, oh and a PSE Sierra Hunter Recurve (anybody got a 50# Martin Aurora so I can get this PSE outahere ???)

Post Thanks / Like

Default More pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Answering a few questions posed in PMs

The mark above the rear stab mount is the straight line where the powder coat rubbed off right above the V-bar. What you see a couple inches up are just fingerprints. Many of the small shiny specks you see in the pics are not nicks in the finish, they are just light reflections. The 3 spots where I can see the aluminum showing through the powder coat are those mentioned above. The bow finish is in overall excellent condition.

The strings are made out of BCY 452X, the servings are BCY braided on the ends and Angel for the center serving.

I will leave the D loop and Limbsavers on the bow, all other accessories are not included in the prices listed above.

The original limbs and cams yield a 60# max at the top draw length. You do lose a little bit of top end weight (a pound or two) at the lower draw lengths, but some string and cable twisting can get you back there.

Note this is the 2012 riser which has the integral quick detach mount for the stabilizer. That is a very handy feature for those that do a lot of travelling with their bow, however it became apparent that with the powder coat finish, constantly slipping the QD in and out will wear on the finish at that point, so I attached a separate QD mount. I'd just stick with the factory QD on my camo hunting rig, as it is a much stronger QD point than the external ones.

Any other questions, just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

is this bow available?
    Trying to keep it inside out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by powerpoint9 View Post
    is this bow available?

Sorry, no. It is back in factory form and residing with a finger shooter in California. Right Don?

Post Thanks / Like

***THREAD CLOSED***

Item is no longer available.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com