Thread: This be a frog

Sonny Thomas

Default This be a frog

Okay, we've had rain, too much rain. Low spots in our drive have had water in them forever. So one day I saw tadpoles. So I wondered what, toads or leopard frogs. Yesterday I saw the tadpoles gone and thought what the heck. Just sort of eased around the puddles and something jumped I looked, but couldn't see a thing. So I started moving my hand about 5 inches above the edge of the puddles and this tiny frog jumped. So got my camera. This little tyke isn't a quarter inch long. The left line is just above it's head and the right line is pointing at it's right leg. Tried to enlarge the pic, but it just wouldn't show before it got blurry.

This is leopard frog, baby leopard frog that is. They don't live in water, but thick tall grass and we got that. Mowing around the edge of the fields I'll kick one ever so often. They don't get really get all that big, but once in a great while I'll see one almost big enough to think, frog legs. Average wise they are bigger than a tree frog by 3 or 4 times or more. Most tree frogs can easily sit within a half dollar coin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

That's cool Sonny, If that happened in my drive way the Arizona Department of Environmentally Quality would call my drive way and animal persevere and close my drive to local traffic forever.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator