Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Trail Cameras?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Good Trail Cameras?

I'm starting to look into getting a trail cam, and I need some ideas and opinions on what one to get. I'm looking between $100-$200.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    I'm starting to look into getting a trail cam, and I need some ideas and opinions on what one to get. I'm looking between $100-$200.

A.S
    One your dad can borrow! that is a good trail camera
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Wild game innovations . I have 6. I use the elite 8 lights out. Msrp is 200, you can pick one up on eBay or amazon for 120-160. 8 mega pixel , color screen, you can view and delete pics right on the cam with no special viewing device, it has a tilt function that centers the shot no matter how you place the cam, it also has a special viewings mode where you can see what the screen sees while mounting it , to help set it straight. Best camera for the money in my opinion. Bushnells are good to.
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith2 View Post
    Wild game innovations . I have 6. I use the elite 8 lights out. Msrp is 200, you can pick one up on eBay or amazon for 120-160. 8 mega pixel , color screen, you can view and delete pics right on the cam with no special viewing device, it has a tilt function that centers the shot no matter how you place the cam, it also has a special viewings mode where you can see what the screen sees while mounting it , to help set it straight. Best camera for the money in my opinion. Bushnells are good to.
    Thanks DZ, that camera will definitely be a consideration.

Anyone else have some input???

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have good luck with Moultrie's.I am still running some of the old ones,they are about 5 yrs old and have taken many pics on them.I got a M-80 2 yrs ago and it is a great little camera,I run it year round through some pretty cold temps and had no problems with it.Paid around 120$ at Cabelas for it.I think this year they change the model name on it.

PICT0022.jpg

Pic from the other day

PICT0005.jpg
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Those are dang good quality pics!!!!
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Spypoints. I have the Tiny-D and Tiny-W2

Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Post Thanks / Like

Defiantly want a Black Out camera if your putting it up on public land. I have a SpyPoint 8, Moultre D55 and a Wildgame, they all have good and bad points. All three have been running for 3+ years with no problems other than a bird watcher tried to tear one off a tree. Have not tried it but Natchez Shooters Supplies has some good deals on cameras at times.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah the wildgame elite 8 blackout has been good to me. i own 6, i had to send one back after about a year of use, wildgame had a brandnew one on my doorstep with in 2 weeks of me shipping it out. you can buy the elite blackout on ebay new right now for 123.00 dang good price.im prolly gonna pick up a couple more this year.
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

let me say this though about the wildgame cameras. if you put your camera up in bottomland hardwoods areas where little sunlight gets to the camera, sometimes it will continue to keep taking night pictures if it doesnt get adequate lighting, placement is an important part of being effective with a camera
    IM BACK!!!!