Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got new arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got new arrows

Hey guys,
    I found a new to me arrow company..http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    I got a doz. of the Target shafts, they are the same as the old Harvest Time HT-3's.
    They fly just the same which is what I was hoping for as I am almost out of my HT-3's.
    They take the Fat Boy inserts and points.
    Check them out, great prices for sure.
    Don.
    DCA.jpg
    DCA1.jpg
    Last edited by Don B; 06-22-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice find, prices look hard to beat. Been looking around at a possible arrow change, might give these a look.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good prices arrow looks good! How long have they been in business?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpw39fBsljA

Sorry, but I do watch this guy and a couple others.... {:>)

Sonny Thomas

Default Got new arrows

Ole Bart has been around the block. First, Victories, then his Harvest Time Archery, then when Muddy Outdoors when he sold HTA to them and now Deer Crossing. He says this arrow company he will keep.

I had his HTA HT3s, still have a 9. 3 got broke and one dozen of them proved so far out I trashed them. Just cut them in pieces. These were new arrows, but sold under HTA and Muddy Outdoors didn't have to warranty them. These were .001" for straightness and checked as much out as .012" out. Mad, I just junked them.

I then bought Muddy Outdoors HT3 Virtues, which are better looking and fly exactly with the HTA HT3.
    Now, Muddy Outdoors has fully broken with Bart and list their arrows as Blood Sports.

Initially, Bart flung out a "feeler" for really inexpensive arrows per dozen. He was then sort of absent from the scene. He then re-appeared just about two months ago with his new line, Deer Crossing.
    I have thought about trying his arrows, but 33 HT3s should last me for a little while....

All the near same arrows; So DCA Target arrows run about $70. MO 3 spine, $119 and CE CXL Pros, $160. Heck of a price range difference.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 06-22-2013 at 04:33 PM.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otisT View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpw39fBsljA

Sorry, but I do watch this guy and a couple others.... {:>)
    Kinda hard to argue with that review!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

You really can't beat them for the price.
    Something that I did notice is the the layup of the carbon is differant on these than what was the HT-3 shafts.
    On the HT shafts you can see that the carbon is circular around the shaft and this new line of shafts the carbon is more of a uni (lenght wise)layup on the outside.
    When I cut them down to length I took one of the cutoffs and tore it all apart to check it out.
    Nice layup from what I could see, the inside the carbon goes lengthwise the a layer going circular then lengthwise.
    I did brake 2 arrows Friday, one I hit the target pin and blew the end of the shaft up and snapped the other in 3 pieces, sent it through the bands holding the bails togeather.
    Overall I am happy with these new shafts for now.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny;
    I finally managed to break a couple nocks; probably dropped something on them, and they DID NOT HAVE VIBRAKES !! No wonder I can't hit anything!! The Insert Iron is curing nicely, though. {:>)

o

Sonny Thomas

Default Got new arrows

Quote Originally Posted by otisT View Post
    Sonny;
    I finally managed to break a couple nocks; probably dropped something on them, and they DID NOT HAVE VIBRAKES !! No wonder I can't hit anything!! The Insert Iron is curing nicely, though. {:>)

o
    Okay, I'll believe you dropped something on the nocks and broke them. I ain't hard to get along with

Vibrakes! Lord! When are you kids gonna learn?

I ain't saying Insert Iron isn't good, but I gave away the 2 bottles I had. Good thing is, though, they were given to me to try. So I didn't lose anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought it on the name, beings I wanted some glue to put in inserts, but the curing time on the label of Insert Iron is a riot! I can see it now;

"Dear ID F&G, got me some new arrows for the upcoming bow season and put the inserts in with Insert Iron. Could you possibly put off opening day a week or so while they cure?"

Sonny did backhandedly bring up a complex point; how do we know? My first bow was a Browning. I was sure there were better out there but the makers, I didn't know from Adam. PSE, Martin, Hoyt and all the other names meant nothing to me BUT, at that time, I KNEW if it had the Browning name on it, it would be good; probably not the best but it would be good.

Arrows; the vast, vast majority of us have no way of verifying the manufacturer's claims of straightness, let alone spine or structural integrity. We might have a scale and weigh them, but that is least important. Pertains to most everything we buy, doesn't it? Good and bad; the assurance of quality, that 'name', costs and a great new company might struggle more because they don't have that 'name', reputation, backing them up. It keeps the 'brand name' companies honest too. They dare not let down on their quality control, customer service, ect. or it gets around quick, more so in this computer age, and that NAME can be hurt quickly; far more quickly than it was built up. I hope this company makes great arrows at great prices, but I have no way of knowing.