Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got new arrows

Post Thanks / Like

All I use is Insert Iron,
    I glue in what ever, nock inserts or points at night and shoot em the next day.
    I have never had any problems with it.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, gosh, no, Don. I'm very much pleased with the product; Insert Iron. Bought it to put in inserts, put in inserts with it and they are still in. It did it's job. It's just that, a while back, Sonny gave me a few chuckles about it's curing time and I was just jesting back a bit, as I was kidding him about the vibrakes on my Bemans. I, in no way, intended to demean the product. Just pulling Sonny's leg a little!... o

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered a dozen (300) and had them cut to 28.5. Once I get them set up I hope to be around 400g and will test from there. I currently shoot Easton Axis 340 and I'm very impressed with the flight and penetration I get from theses arrow. The Axis does come with a price of about $110 per dozen or the same arrow in Beaman MFX for around $99. I hope to have them in the next few days and will test on accuracy, speed and how tough they are on ply-wood and a 55 gallon drum. I'll get the most out of them I promise. I'll get back to you all soon.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Sonny Thomas

Default Got new arrows

And the reason I don't use Insert Iron glue is the drying time. For inserts and carbon arrows I use three different glues. Bohning Quantum XT, Pine Ridge and Easton Quick Hit. Quantum and Pine Ridge are glues that allow you to shoot within seconds. Quick Hit is recommended to let set for 15 minutes.
    For aluminum I use Easton's hot glue.

And then customers seem to always ask; How long before I can shoot? Well, I have the answer that pleases them; "Right now."

Same with fletching. I'm partial to Bohning Platinum, but then I have the Platinum of some 5 years back. My supply is almost used up (we bought a case, however many tubes are in a case). With the older Platinum I've been known, and do now, to shoot newly fletched arrows right out of the jig, but more like 5 minutes. From what I've been reading the newer Platinum isn't so good, but I'd have to try it myself before saying it isn't as good as the older Platinum......

And when fletching arrows for customers all I ask is for them not lay down their arrows so the vanes are flatten. The glue holds for shooting, but is not completely cured.
    If I have a arrow box I will give them the box with the arrows set in a separater, either those by Carbon Express, Victory or the ones you can buy (only hold 6 arrows).

Post Thanks / Like

DCA 300.jpg

Received the Deer Crossing Hunters with the 300 spine and cut @ 28.5". Set then up with white wrap and Norway (Neon Fusion's) and came with 100g field tip. Total weight range was 398g to 403g on all 12 arrows after set up. Chrono speeds were 299fps for the avg. I was shooting a Mathews Z7 Mag set @ 70lbs, 29" draw. Also avg 287fps with my Fire Cat 400 set @ 70lbs with 8190 strings and 452x cables with the same arrows. Shot them from 20-75 yards with about an 8mph oblique wind. I really did like them; they did shoot some good groups for shooting in the wind and didn't really have any kick out with the wind. I'm going to shoot them at a 55 gal drum and some particle board this weekend to see how the hold up. They shipped in just a few day. So far so good.
    Ranger 6
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I did some more setting up on my equipment, got my bow back to where it's suppose to be, 57 pounds.
    My DCA Target shafts weight in at 291-292 grains finished and ready to shoot. They are cut at 28-3/4" carbon to carbon and are flying between 280-285 fps.
    I can tel you these are better than Barts old HT line of shafts. I brought 1/2 doz. shafts that were not built and gave them to the test dept. They did some testing with them, they are all right at .002-.003
    straight. and .1-.2 grains of eash other.
    I have been shooting my tightest groups with these shafts,ever.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    I did some more setting up on my equipment, got my bow back to where it's suppose to be, 57 pounds.
    My DCA Target shafts weight in at 291-292 grains finished and ready to shoot. They are cut at 28-3/4" carbon to carbon and are flying between 280-285 fps.
    I can tel you these are better than Barts old HT line of shafts. I brought 1/2 doz. shafts that were not built and gave them to the test dept. They did some testing with them, they are all right at .002-.003
    straight. and .1-.2 grains of eash other.
    I have been shooting my tightest groups with these shafts,ever.
    Don.
    Don I agree, I'v shot some really good groups. will shoot hard targets this weekend.
    Ranger 6
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator