Thread: Martin's Blade X4 or Phantom

Hybrid View

MI1

Default Martin's Blade X4 or Phantom

what are the differences ? and would like to hear any real world review of the bow / bows.

not finding anything on the web

anyways looking at getting another Martin and would like some insight.

Am i better off getting one or a different martin off of their KM Archery sight.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

ill cut you a deal on the 2013 alien
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to th forum, first and foremost. The only real difference betweent the two bows is size; the Phantom is an inch longer and the draw lengths also run an inch longer than the Blade. I have not had the opportunity to shoot the Phantom, but the Blade was smooth and quiet, especially for a less expensive midrange bow. I figure if you pick the one that best suits your drawlength you'll be happy either way.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

MI1

i think the blade x4 will do just fine...
    i heard the limbs were made in china or something.....any truth to that. I'm not oppossed to that, but wonder if the limbs are different between the x4 and phantom...

Post Thanks / Like

I believe all split limbs are the same X4 mag limbs. I heard the same rumor about limbs made in China but I was told the threshold limbs are the only ones made there.
    I was told the X4 limbs are made in house at Martin.
    I never seen a Phantom yet but I want to, I held a blade but never shot it but the guy who was shooting it said he liked it.
    I like the blade as well but comparing it to my 13 Alien its way slow, don't get me wrong speed isn't everything but it helps.
    I have no complaints yet about my 2013 Alien but I baby it cuz its an expensive bow, Nemesis 35 is awesome and 50 dollars more but the Alien suits me better.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than deflection and/or length, they'll be the same limbs, maybe even the same. There was a post in here once before, and if I remember right, I believe it was determined that Martin's limbs are brought in as glass blanks from overseas, but cut, shaped and finished here in the US. Hope that helps.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Other than deflection and/or length, they'll be the same limbs, maybe even the same. There was a post in here once before, and if I remember right, I believe it was determined that Martin's limbs are brought in as glass blanks from overseas, but cut, shaped and finished here in the US. Hope that helps.
    I called Joel at Martin, he said there made here but I'm not sure. Was I informed incorrectly? How about it Joelc?