Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 Bengal Speed

08BENGAL

Default 08 Bengal Speed

Anyone chronograghed their 08 bengal. Whats your draw length, #, & arrow weight. Mine was 227fps @ 27" 60# 350grain

dbd870

Exclamation Somethings Wrong

That doesn't sound good. I've seen speeds posted that don't add up to the listed IBO ratings other places but never that far off. I'm thinking it would be worth having the setup checked on that bow.

08BENGAL

Default Sorry 237fps

237fps not much more. Shooting a Dloop mechanical release,peep with tube,factory string silencers,whisker biscuit that is set loose. How much speed per inch of draw length & pound of draw do you loose. Everything is square & set. In previous post i did have to pull the cable in more with a different slide for some fletch clearence.

dbd870

http://www.thearcheryhut.com/calculators.php This calculator seems to get numbers reasonably close with my equipment; maybe a just a little high.

Plug your numbers in using the IBO speed of 315 on the low end of the spec. and you get 280fps without anything on the string. Your peep and tube let's use 9fps, the WB - 2fps. the silencers - these varry some - let's use 4 fps. Add in another 5 fps for guessing errors etc. and you're at 260fps. Just from reading what others have posted on the archery sites If you forced me to guess a realistic IBO I'd say 305-310. The MPro's aren't speed CAM's; however even 237 seems low to me. My Fuzion CAM'd 02 Cougar at 59# 28" and 426 gr arrow Chrono'd at 239fps. I don't have the tube peep (which hurts no doubt) but still I only have 1 more inch of draw and a much heavier arrow.

machster670

You have a few things working against you here. Only a 27" draw length and 60# are 2 big factors. the other is your shooting a heavy arrow.
    If you could stretch your DL out that would make a huge difference in your arrow speed.

flytier17

don't stretch your DL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very important to have this set properly. Better to hit @ whatever speed, than to miss fast.

08BENGAL

Arrow weight is actually only 328 grains. i'm using #4 module. string on #1 pin. guessing that is 27" draw. thanks

dbd870

I believe the F4 module is for 28" and a #1 peg would be no reduction. That and a lighter arrow - something's not adding up here. Your arrow weight includes point weight for example I assume.
    Last edited by dbd870; 02-15-2008 at 12:02 PM.

08BENGAL

Default still guessing

Yes that is total weight. my buddy shot his 08 bowtech thru the same chrono. his certificate from the factory said 307fps. has about the same setup & it chronoed at 277fps. maybe the chrono is off?

flytier17

Yeah, thats what I would be thinking about now.