Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Academy Sports / Dick's Sporting Goods drop Martin?

Post Thanks / Like

It could be that all these major retailers aren't stocking their bows because they aren't shipping them. Ever think of it that way? Tell you guys this. I've been a staff shooter for 20 years now. Martin is the 4th company I've been with and I've been with them since the beginning of 2004. I'm 66 years old and have been pondering for several years of giving up the staff position. If Martin does go out of business it won't be any skin off my nose. I just feel for the employees that will have to look for another job.

And for what it's worth we might not get much more time to converse here on this site. If Martin goes down then more than likely there will be no need for the Tech Forums. This I will miss, and the guys on here. What's even more scary is that Archery Talk is owned by Terry Martin. Where would all the people go if that disappeared? Something to think about.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default I know i know

I know bow string depot can start a forum and we can all go there
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

MI1

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    It could be that all these major retailers aren't stocking their bows because they aren't shipping them. Ever think of it that way? Tell you guys this. I've been a staff shooter for 20 years now. Martin is the 4th company I've been with and I've been with them since the beginning of 2004. I'm 66 years old and have been pondering for several years of giving up the staff position. If Martin does go out of business it won't be any skin off my nose. I just feel for the employees that will have to look for another job.

And for what it's worth we might not get much more time to converse here on this site. If Martin goes down then more than likely there will be no need for the Tech Forums. This I will miss, and the guys on here. What's even more scary is that Archery Talk is owned by Terry Martin. Where would all the people go if that disappeared? Something to think about.
    well said and well put...i to feel for the employees.
    There is bowhunting.com....it's actually a great sight. I see Hutch and a few others on there as well.
    i would have to think with all the avertisements on AT that it's paying for itself....maybe not though.
    I think bfishers response on here is somewhat telling. Trying not to read into it, but no one from Martin has cared to get on here and dilute the latest rumors. Maybe it is what it is.....

Post Thanks / Like

There's also this one:http://www.huntbuds.com/#&panel1-1 A bunch of us from here are over there already. It's a great forum, and if you join, don't forget to use me as a referral.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post

i remember joel mentioning a while back that martin has no affiliation with archery talk.
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I saw that Uncle Ted has also found a new sponsor. But did it have to be Matthews? LOL
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Sonny Thomas

Default Academy Sports / Dick's Sporting Goods drop Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith2 View Post
    i remember joel mentioning a while back that martin has no affiliation with archery talk.
    Yes, AT is a separate entity, owned soley by Terry Martin, as I understand. Not attached to the Martin company, AT is pretty much self supported through many sponsors. And if anyone has noticed AT members can now pay "X" amount for different levels of membership. Become a paying member and some of the ads go away.

And if you noticed more and more of the ads are not archery related.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably better than owning a bow company.

IF the company goes away, so will this site, probably. That, I'm sorry for; have enjoyed the nice folks here and their willingness to be of help. So, that's a shame but, from what I gather, that Archery Talk site is quite successful. Even if not, niches always get filled. Winston Churchill didn't say "The graveyards are full of indispensable companies" but he could have.

MI1

well it's been about 24 hours since some threads started saying that joel was let go and some other info / rumors are flying out there.

I would've thought that someone official from Martin would get on here and post something regarding the status of the company.

So 3 things come to mind.

1. Either there must be some truth to it or
    2. they don't have a pulse on their brand and business or their own website and put the naysayers to rest.
    3. all the above....

what a circus...