Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condolences and well wishes...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Condolences and well wishes...

Rather than hijack another thread, I thought that maybe it would be best to start a new one for this topic.

Joel, I sincerely wish you the best in your future indeavors, and will be praying that this transition in your life is as easy as possible. You have always been a wealth of information to the rest of us here on the forum, and hope that even though you and Martin have split ways, that you will continue to support those here who wish to learn from your experience. Although I would entirely understand if you were to make a clean break.

We wish you well my friend.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I too would like to wish Joel good luck for the future (I know how he feels, I was laid off recently after 19 years of service!).
    I had dealings with Joel in the past and he made the process very easy, he will be a hard act to follow.

Best wishes,

Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

Post Thanks / Like

I also wish him well in his search to move on, as I do with Martin as they just lost a valuable employee that reached out to consumers, I looked at him as a part of Martin and what the company stood for on the family values like this form. I believe thing are not well with Martin as the indicators here on this form have indicated. My Fire Cat 400 may be my last Martin Bow. God Speed Joelc.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Joel has told most of you what happened. I could have said something, but it's not my place to do so. And let's get one thing clear. Joel's parting was not a friendly manner. He was fired.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to wish Joel the best of luck in whatever he decides to do. He was the main reason I stayed with Martin after the Great Bow Blow-Up of '09. I couldn't have asked for a more professional, courteous, or agreeable person to work with. For those that don't know, 3 sets of limbs on an '09 Firecat in less than 5 months. Joel was the one that took care of me. For that I thank him. Martin is losing one of, if not the, most valuable member of it's staff as far as the consumer is concerned. Great wealth of help and knowledge.

Now, Joel, any thoughts about following Laura and the Gartland boys? lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I guess Joel has told most of you what happened. I could have said something, but it's not my place to do so. And let's get one thing clear. Joel's parting was not a friendly manner. He was fired.
    Saw this over on AT never thought that would happen he helped me quite a bit over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

NOT a good sign for me, I do not see another Martin coming my way anytime soon. Thanks to you Joel for the outstanding CS, you represent more than a going downhill bow company. I see a post "64" Whine Chester coming.

Post Thanks / Like

really ? wow, thanks a lot joelc. x2 on the nothing but professional,courteous treatment from joel . I mean, how hard is his job? I cant fathom having to talk to hundreds/thousands of different people a year(usually unhappy, upset, disappointed people = I bet he can count on one hand the amount of "thanks for the great product" calls he ever rec'd) . its service from guys like him that directly contributed to many a martin bow purchase, have seen countless times posted "well go ahead and buy it, if you have a problem joel will take care of it".
    On the lighter side maybe all this brooha(?) is because the big cheez found a new paula deen cook book on his desk?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear a step in the wrong direction for the company.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Sonny Thomas

Default Condolences and well wishes...

If any of you have paid attention of the years, Martin employees aren't/weren't the highest paid employees around. I was kind of stunned by hints of "just making a living." As such, especially Joel, employees really had to have a love of archery or Martin to stay with Martin.
    Much noted as Joel is I would think and hope his future is brighter.

If you want to make money there are far better places than some bow company. To example; When I retired at the end of 2003 I was making $25.00 per hour and benefits galore. In a area where overtime was available at every turn taking down over $2500.00 a week was possible. Many of us either knocked on the door of or was through the door of $100,000.00 per year. Now, remember, this was 10 years ago.
    I retired due to advice from both my personal surgeon and company doctor and then having 36 years with the Caterpillar, Inc. My retirement and Social Security probably adds up to more than what some make today.