Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: "I've got a bad feeling about this"

  1. #1
    Senior Member typically8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    556
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default "I've got a bad feeling about this"

    Well, I fear the end is near. Send a pm if you want my email address.
    On a lighter note, who knows what movie I am quoting in my title. Be careful, its a trick question.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

  2. #2
    MI1
    Guest

    Default

    well it's been about 24 hours since some threads started saying that joel was let go and some other info / rumors are flying out there.

    I would've thought that someone official from Martin would get on here and post something regarding the status of the company.

    So 3 things come to mind.

    1. Either there must be some truth to it or
    2. they don't have a pulse on their brand and business or their own website and put the naysayers to rest.
    3. all the above....

  3. #3
    Good Riddance
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI1 View Post
    well it's been about 24 hours since some threads started saying that joel was let go and some other info / rumors are flying out there.

    I would've thought that someone official from Martin would get on here and post something regarding the status of the company.

    So 3 things come to mind.

    1. Either there must be some truth to it or
    2. they don't have a pulse on their brand and business or their own website and put the naysayers to rest.
    3. all the above....
    Ding, ding, ding!

  4. #4
    MI1
    Guest

    Default

    Just a matter of time til something official comes down. Seen this many times before. The only winner in this is Joel...at this point.
    Hopefully he bounces back, maybe with a archery shop or another archery company. Relocation maybe, but their customer service would benefit.


    I just can't believe that NO one person has got on here or AT to downplay the rumors.......or delete or ban someone.
    Just a matter of time, hopefully not or someone can come in and save the day so to speak.
    Last edited by MI1; 07-03-2013 at 04:37 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI1 View Post
    Just a matter of time til something official comes down. Seen this many times before. The only winner in this is Joel...at this point.
    Hopefully he bounces back, maybe with a archery shop or another archery company. Relocation maybe, but their customer service would benefit.


    I just can't believe that NO one person has got on here or AT to downplay the rumors.......or delete or ban someone.
    Just a matter of time, hopefully not or someone can come in and save the day so to speak.
    As good as he is as a customer service rep he should be able to get a job elsewhere. Might be time to move away from the archery business anyway. And if we are to believe Joel he was working for minimum wage. Although I seriously doubt this he wasn't/isn't becoming a millionaire either. Certainly not open an archery shop. It takes big money (at least 1/4 mill) to open a decent shop and working 16-18 hour days and a large enough customer base to work with to make a go of a full time shop.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

  6. #6
    Senior Member droppixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, IL
    Posts
    1,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Go on vacation for a week and the world explodes ... wth son!?

    Sad about Joel, hope things go well with him in the future ... hope to hear from him or that he is doing well when that time comes.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

  7. #7
    Sonny Thomas
    Guest

    Default "I've got a bad feeling about this"

    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    As good as he is as a customer service rep he should be able to get a job elsewhere. Might be time to move away from the archery business anyway. And if we are to believe Joel he was working for minimum wage. Although I seriously doubt this he wasn't/isn't becoming a millionaire either. Certainly not open an archery shop. It takes big money (at least 1/4 mill) to open a decent shop and working 16-18 hour days and a large enough customer base to work with to make a go of a full time shop.
    Real truth there.....

  8. #8
    Senior Member hawkdriver55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blessed south
    Posts
    148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Movie Quote.......... Bad feeling about this.....there are many.

    Die Hard
    Star Wars




    But the sad truth is.....Rome is burning, and that bright light at the end of the tunnel isn't the sun at the end of the tunnel. Its a mile long train loaded with coal and it doesn't have any brakes. Its been fun fellas! I am still keeping my Cougar so I can tell my Grand kids..."there once was this little company in WA that made good hunting bows....and this is one of them" Enjoy shooting them while you still can.

    I really hope we are all wrong.
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.

  9. #9
    Senior Member bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think we'll all find out in due time and on that note let's get back to the real business of these tech forums which is helping people. Let's put it to bed for a while.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •