Thread: New Moab

jimbow

Smile New Moab

Had a chance to shoot a new '08 Moab today. Very nice shooting bow. Very slight vibration in the grip at the shot, but no recoil or handshock! I had been trying to decide between this bow and several of the "high-end" models for much more money. After shooting the Moab, I can see no reason to spend twice as much for the same performance.

Post Thanks / Like

So are you going to buy one?

jimbow

Yup, I hope to have it by the end of the month. After shooting it I can't find a good reason not to.

Post Thanks / Like

Good stabilizer should take care of that buzz in the grip. Good luck to ya.
    Although I have a FireCat on order I may end up with a Moab as hunting season approaches. First I have to sell about four bows and drawers full of other accumulated stuff.

razorjack

Default classifieds!

hello,you should also check different classifieds too,i just picked up a 2007 Rytera Bullet X for half of what they sell for and to date its the best bow i have owned..........

jimbow

I'll try the stabilizer. I have a small S-Coil on my current Reflex that I plan on keeping and installing on the Moab when I get it. I'll let you all know when I've got the new one in my hands! Just waiting for the old IRS refund!!

flytier17

For the stabilizer, I would try something that has a little more weight a little farther out.

S-coil can only be termed a stabilizer in the crudest of terms. A true stabilizer is supposed to balance a bow primarily, and in doing so will take care of handshock. A dinky little 6" piece of rubber isn't designed for this.

Once in a blue moon you might find a bow that an s-coil will balance properly, but the other 99% need something different. If you can, try a bunch. If you can't do this, I would reccommend something from sims or doinker that is adjustable in weight and length.

flytier17

Good luck on your new bow, and welcome to the wonderful world of Martin!

jimbow

Thanks for all the helpful info. I'm really looking forward to getting the bow set up.