Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what in the past and present of Martin was produced in China...

Post Thanks / Like

i have to start dropping in here more often. when was Joel let go and for what reason? i always found him extremely helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    i have to start dropping in here more often. when was Joel let go and for what reason? i always found him extremely helpful.
    There are several threads about it. Do a search "good riddance" and you'll be able to read about it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I imagine the steel in the bolts and nuts holding many of these bows together came from overseas, what about the aluminum in the riser. Was it sourced from the US or overseas? I imagine many of the source materials for these bows came from overseas, just because the cost is cheaper. We can all jump up and down about something not being made in America, but truth is something in nearly everything you own has made a boat or plane ride across the Pacific.

Post Thanks / Like

I did read the thread that Joel stated the split limbs blanks came from China and finished in house. I am 99.9% sure the Threshold riser is from PoeLang made in Taiwan with core flex limbs and M-Pro cams. I have seen early Thresholds that appear to have PoeLang eccentrics as well and not the M-Pro. If you go to the PoeLang web site and look at the adult compound bow, it looks just like an early Threshold.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, its not like any of us are shooting the threshold anyway. i used to want one for a bowfishing rig, but i changed my mind
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

China produces almost half of the aluminum in the world, the US is fourth so there is a good chance the riser on your US made bow is made from aluminum from outside the US. Would I prefer that all my goods be made and sourced from the US? You bet, but that is not the way it goes. One small example is cars, the big three have sourced from other countries since before I was driving and I am 50 now. Bottom line is there has been trade since the beginning of human time and we are the ones that set the demand for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    China produces almost half of the aluminum in the world, the US is fourth so there is a good chance the riser on your US made bow is made from aluminum from outside the US. Would I prefer that all my goods be made and sourced from the US? You bet, but that is not the way it goes. One small example is cars, the big three have sourced from other countries since before I was driving and I am 50 now. Bottom line is there has been trade since the beginning of human time and we are the ones that set the demand for it.
    Well said.