Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If not Martin ... who?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This list was comprised a while back so some of the companies are not in business anymore.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

MI1

i'm shooting a parker phoenix 34...it's a 2006 model, but shoot lights out. Great bow, accurate as heck! so easy to pull with the cam they had back then...smooth, quiet and virtually no vibe.

i shot the bengeal recently.....that is a good bow from martin. If i knew they would stick around for another 10 years..i would pick up a bengal so that my son could grow with it.

The other bow that i would own again is a Darton...........no doubt a Darton again!!!!!

No doubt there are alot of company's to choose from....pick the one that fits you the best.

my bucket list
    Darton - Bear - Hoyt...*Martin, if they get an engineer, Ryan Martin leaves, Get a new sales force, Hire Joel back, & can financially stay afloat.
    Last edited by MI1; 07-06-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

My other bow is a Strother Rush SX.

Post Thanks / Like

In the last 10 years I have own
    3 bowtech's pro 38 (heavy) 82nd shot really good but no valley, destoyer 350 still have, has more valley then the 82nd still on the fence with it
    3 darton's mavrick pro 3000 pro 3500 all shot good I shot the mavrick the best, cs sucks
    2 elite's snyergy I loved that bow never should have sold it gt500 was also a good bow
    1 limbsaver can't even remember the model didn't like it but my buddy loves it
    1 pse ar 37 piece of ^&&&t
    2 martin's the firecat 400 my son is now shooting very nice bow and my onza 3 witch is a dream to shoot
    so if not martin maybe another elite ???
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Strother Rush XT, nice bow but I just can't get comfortable shooting with no valley. As soon as I get some valley adjusted into it I could find myself shooting it quite a bit more.

An Elite Pure would be my number 1 choice after that.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

NEVER BowTech, they have undoubtedly the worst C.S. in the archery world. Both the closest (Pro Shops) to me are dropping them or being dropped. The closest is a 3 hr. drive and I can't get Bowtech to send me a new Flexguard for my 2010 Iceman.

Post Thanks / Like

If Martin goes away, I will still shoot my Shadowcats.
    I have shot almost all the finger bows on the market and there is nothing and I mean nothing that is equal to the Shadowcat.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still a big fan of Martin of course, but can't say a bad thing about the Strothers I own either. They take a little more tinkering than Martins to get just right, but they are great shooters. Maybe a bit short in the valley, and a stiffer draw than Martin, but still a very smooth draw. SX Rush, SR-71, and Infinity are the ones I own, and all are great shooters. They are more speed based bows, so the draw cycle is to be expected. Customer service is top notch as well. Maybe not quite Joel quality, but very good. Picked all mine up pretty cheap on AT.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Sonny Thomas

Default If not Martin ... who?

Shot with a Fred Bear staff shooter today. He had the Anarchy in target color, gorgeous red. Looked great for fit and finish. He shot it pretty decent, but he wouldn't spot me 20 points and him shooting Known 45 with Range Finder and me with all unknown - we shot the same course, stake for stake. He didn't turn in his score card. Honestly, I think he may have got me by a handful of points. If he would have spotted me 20 I would have trashed him.... Still, I was impressed with his Anarchy....

Post Thanks / Like

May be the boss's at Martin should read this thread, it may lite a fire under them to get thing fixed ASAP. I will say that I really enjoy my Fire Cat 400 and it has delivered some of my biggest trophy game and keeps the frig full. The best bow that I currently have is the Alpine Verdict, shoots a broadhead amazing at 20-80 yards and shoots a 420g tip at 288-290fps, easy draw and a graet back wall. I also have the F1 Fireball and it's a 3D bow with it's 34 ATA and draws like butter. The 1st Mathrews that I ever owned is the Z7 Mag and its all what the critics say it is. I will hunt this year deer with the Verdict and Z7 for Bull Elk. Also Alpine CS is best one that I have delt with, Joel was good to me at Martin but haven't tryed them in a while.
    Last edited by Tosi; 07-07-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator