Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If not Martin ... who?

Post Thanks / Like

Plz shoot an obsession, you won't regret it . I didn't know what I was missing.
    IM BACK!!!!

MI1

obsession looks amazing...the detail to it...wow

one bow i left off my bucket list would be the limbsaver proton.....that rig is simply a shooting surgical instrument!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MI1 View Post
    obsession looks amazing...the detail to it...wow

one bow i left off my bucket list would be the limbsaver proton.....that rig is simply a shooting surgical instrument!
    Too bad you didn't see the ad I had in the classifieds last year. I sold one of the Protons for $175 if I remember right--new.

Now to add to the OP's question, I've shot for Pearson before and shot a Darton Viper back in 1993 so these two would be on my list if I ever had to buy a bow. Right now I'm satisfied with the three Aliens I've got and don't see changing any time soon. They've been as good as anything I've had in the last 40 years.
    Last edited by bfisher; 07-08-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Like BF, I'm still a big fan.
    IMG_1630.jpg

My older Martin/Rytera's shoot great and my '13 seems to be doing well.
    Here is a field point a broadhead and a bareshaft from 25yds this morning...
    IMG_1634.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Like BF, I'm still a big fan.
    IMG_1630.jpg

My older Martin/Rytera's shoot great and my '13 seems to be doing well.
    Here is a field point a broadhead and a bareshaft from 25yds this morning...
    IMG_1634.JPG
    That's how a well tuned bow is supposed to shoot. Good job Spiker.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

MI1

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Too bad you didn't see the ad I had in the classifieds last year. I sold one of the Protons for $175 if I remember right--new.

Now to add to the OP's question, I've shot for Pearson before and shot a Darton Viper back in 1993 so these two would be on my list if I ever had to buy a bow. Right now I'm satisfied with the three Aliens I've got and don't see changing any time soon. They've been as good as anything I've had in the last 40 years.
    $175........wow...deal of the century. i found one used for $250 today. they really do shoot well.....
    I think they will slowly build up a following. I'm not sure that their marketing all that well for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well as you can see from my sig. I like PSE.The grip fits me very well,the Drive with the DC cams draws smooth with no humps,fit and finish is good.The only thing is the weight,wish they were a tad lighter,but nothing too serious.Still like to try some smaller companies like Obsession, Athens,New Breed.My Firecat will stay with me even if I can't get parts,just has the "right" feel to it.Hopefully Martin can right the ship sort to speak and continue on.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

My next bow will probably not be from Martin. I have 4 frankenbowed Onzas (absolutly love the first gen machined riser), but with everything that has been going on, I will proablay move to another company and wait for future Martin products. I'm looking at New Breed, Obsession or Ross. Unfortunatly, I don't have dealers within a decent distance for any of these bows.

All of the dealers around here push Mathews, Hoyt, and PSE, not a fan of these. I might consider Hoyt (that is my grandfather's last name), but my first Hoyt 14 years ago was a turd of a bow. My wife loves her Saphire though.

Post Thanks / Like

bowtech has always been one of my favorites. i fell into the mathews band wagon and was definitely upset with the quality but ive shot just about every bow company and i would probably go to another family owned business before i went to a big company i just like the pride behind the craftsmanship i love martin bows and the back story and as long as i possibly can i will probably stick with my bengal and nemesis but in time i will have to move on.(if the company takes a turn for the worse) oh yeah and i forgot a company that wowed me this year PRIME!
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to try a Maitland bow and a Ok archery Bow.