Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Fletching Jig?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arizona Fletching Jig?

How do you rate the Arizona Fletching Jig? built well? accurate vane placement?

I like the idea of doing all 3 vanes at once.

Thanks,
    Carl

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine, I've used a full sized straight, a full sized 1 degree, and I own a mini that has 2 degree offset. Its very easy to use and its been very accurate. The only time I've had it mess up was because of my own failure as a user lol.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Default arizona fletcher

Other than post-cleaning and changing the arms they are great. They really have helical on the mini and will stabilise anything I've shot with 2" vanes. Just line up fletching in the arms put glue on and close, wait one minute and you aredone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's with my bow scale;

I had/have one from years ago I used for aluminum arrows and was quite satisfied with, so got the mini for 'modern' carbon arrows with Blazer vanes, which is all I plan to shoot from here on out. I THINK there is only one 'mini' version, which does right helical only; perhaps wabbit knows, or can look it up. I've only done one vane at a time with it so far, but I'm sure it will work as well as the old one did with three. My arrows are presently not helical, so I end up with one helical and two just offset, but seem to all fly the same. If I get up to hunting, I will, of course, fletch up matched arrows. IMHO, they do a nice job; easy to use and handy to have around, and at a fair price for the home archery tool box. Some kind of fletcher is a must have, and this is the one I'd choose.

Post Thanks / Like

Rub just a little bit of vasaline on the arms with your finger before you use it then if any glue gets on them it doesn't stick and makes clean-up much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Rub just a little bit of vasaline on the arms with your finger before you use it then if any glue gets on them it doesn't stick and makes clean-up much easier.
    Man I wish I would of thought of that. Thanks spiker. I have used one for ten years started with stright and moved on to the mini. You can order parts as relacment arms on line. Don't soak for to long in acetone as it will warp the arms. But Spiker has that fix. As said above,,, easy and fast.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know, there is only the one Mini, and it is a right helical. Works great though on both blazer type vanes and the 2" feathers from Gateway and Truflight. The only thing I don't like about doing feathers with it is its a pain if you need to redo just one feather instead of all three... but that's a minor thing.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all, I've decided to get the Arizona jig and also the good tip about the Vaseline on the clamp, that'll work with my present jig too.

Carl

Sonny Thomas

Default Arizona Fletching Jig?

Though I've used the Bohning Tower and the Helix the AZ should be similar. I used Scotch tape. Tape in place I used a knife to make the slit needed.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Vaseline idea! With the Bohning Tower it comes with teflon strips.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com