Thread: Foot Spray

Post Thanks / Like

Default Foot Spray

Do any of you use or have used foot spray (dries white) to see if the fletches hit anywhere? I've done it in the past to find the ideal nock angle and the powder did show the slightest contact.

Carl

Post Thanks / Like

Never used the foot spray. I always use the brightest red lipstick I can find, and color the edges of my fletchings with it. It'll leave a nice red mark on anything it touches.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, foot spray works great if you're having a hard time figuring out why you're having tuning issues!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I'm finding the recurve is a lot harder to get tuned than my compound with release. The slightest roughness in the fingers releasing and it shows at the target.

Carl

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both and hat the clean up of all of them. Someone needs to come up w/ a better way. 3D laser or something. The QAD rest was a booger to get zero contact...never did. Switched to a T.R. Revolution and got better results.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    I've used both and hat the clean up of all of them. Someone needs to come up w/ a better way. 3D laser or something. The QAD rest was a booger to get zero contact...never did. Switched to a T.R. Revolution and got better results.
    It does make a mess especially foot spray on the riser, I might see how lipstick on just the edge of vanes works. Been looking at slow motion vids lately, sure wish I could do that, see exactly how my arrows are acting, and it'll also show how making a change in tuning affects the arrow.

Carl

Sonny Thomas

Default Foot Spray

I've used both powder and Wet Tracer wax (same as lipstick). Powder is nice, but you have to clean it off as it will cake-on (stick) and if on metal it will rust. Wet Tracer came in different colors and I really don't know if it is still available. I think lipstick took it's place. I mean, it did the same thing and lipstick was cheaper

To me, paramount is letting the fingers relax the same and focusing on the target all the way through. I don't know, but tabs are the in thing and perhaps lessens strumming the string with the bottom two fingers.

When I returned to archery I tried a new glove, Neet, I think. Didn't care for it one bit. I remember Neet as being one of the better producers of quality archery equipment and maybe they still are, but we sure have some "trashy" Neet stuff at the shop.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 07-11-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

lipstick works well, ive tried it
    IM BACK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith2 View Post
    lipstick works well, ive tried it
    X2, also less to clean up.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got some cheapo lipstick (.99) and it works well, told me where the fletch is hitting. The lower vane hits the spring arm on the recurve shoot around rest. No matter what setting of the plunger, same thing. So I've decided the arrow is much too stiff for 25 pounds.

The arrow is Easton 1914, 29" and spine of .658, it's what the Easton charts says is correct. Ordered a much softer arrow today to test out.

Carl