Thread: spoiled nephew

Post Thanks / Like

Default spoiled nephew

My 16 year old nephew is staying w/ us the weekend. He has to clean the gutters to pay me back for some arrows and a truglo sight I bought him last year. Then, its off to the woods to clear out some cedars for the land owner who lets us hunt for free. Oh, and we are going to put a new peep on his bow and do some french tuning. He is my last hope the other 3 are trouble.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great weekend. My nephew and I just put out a couple of tree stands and cameras last weekend. He climb into a tree stand for the first time, and was shaking so bad I thought he was going to test his harness. He has never hunted before, so I think we will be looking at ground blinds until he gets more confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Gutters are clean. 6 More cedars down and stacked. French tune completed. He is getting tighter groups. I am trying to convince him to move his anchor point. He also developed a bad habit of bending his bow arm ( afraid of a lil string slap) I think we worked that at too.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the landowner is getting his monies worth. Good private land is worth the sweat equity. It's always great to have the young ones involved with the outdoors.

Post Thanks / Like

It's good for young ones to learn that not everything comes from Obama land and is free. Kudos for teaching him responsibility. He'll grow up and thank you some day.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, it does not always work that way. Brought his brother up the same way if not better, always fishing and hunting.........dropped out of high school, flips burgers, smokes dope, got a girl pregnant, no drivers license, VERY IRRESPONSIBLE. The young one is my only hope as the wife and I are childless.
    2010 G5 Quest Primal