Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouchie!!!!!

Sonny Thomas

Default Ouchie!!!!!

Got stung by a wasp, not once, but twice while dumping a load of fill for behind the header wall of our tile.
    Dang thing seems to have come out of my ATV. Sprayed all underneath, but swearing I saw the wasp or another again after I parked my ATV. By the time I put away the ATV and tools my hand was on the swell. Soaked in ice water and then wife had my soak my hand in Epson salt water. Soaked it a bunch before I went to bed.

Got up this morning and my hand swollen and warm to the touch. So more soaking and all that did was make it feel better. Wife gave me some pill for alergic reaction, but ain't nothing happening to make me feel good about missing another 3D.

Started soaking my hand again (see pan in pic). My release hand is so swollen there ain't no way I can get off a accurate shot needed for the Galesburg 3D. And then there's no valley between the first, second and third knuckles. So fit to the jaw bone ain't happening either. Feels like I have a glove on about two sizes too small - that tight.

See red lines. One sting left a small round bruise. That one is probably the one where the wasp started his attack run from about 10,000 feet up. Hit so hard I made a few....colorful metaphors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 07-14-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouchie is an understatement.
    I am allergic(sp),I get stung and I have to give myself a shot and get to an ER ASAP.
    not fun.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Sonny Thomas

Default Ouchie!!!!!

Don, a first for me. I've been stung I don't know how many times and never had this, but never got stung twice in the same place and on the hand.
    Going on noon and still swelled, but feeling a little better. Seems like a fluid build up. I can put pressure on the swelling and it will go down and then comes back.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, hope it gets better soon. You might be allergic and need an epi pen for next time. Better see tthrough doc.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

That's got to hurt drink a few brews all good........................

Post Thanks / Like

I'd get out a couple or three stiff brews, kick back, and watch some archery vids.

Get well soon!
    Carl

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you might be allergic. I got nailed a couple days ago between the knuckles on the right hand when I went to move my A frame target with my hanging Yellow jacket target bag. I saw the wasps come out of the holes at the top and let go and one of them nailed me when I tried to swat away. It swell up but not like your pic above. I did get nailed last fall 3-4 times in the fingers when I went to open the driver door on my expedition. I don't use it much.I didn't know there was a yellow jacket nest right under the handle. Darn fingers hurt like a sun of a gun...Swelled a little but kept throbbing on and off for a week. I wish you a speedy recovery. I have two pages of vegetation that I'm allergic too like most grasses, pines, etc. I carry an Epi pen around for safety. When I lived in Yuma, Arizona I ended up swelling up and choking. I made it to the hospital where they gave me a shot. They were burning the Lettuce field and the Chemicals and crap went air born.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best home remedies for any kind of sting is Clorox. Take a credit card or something similar, lightly scrape across the sting to get the stinger out, then apply Clorox with a cotton ball. Takes the sting and itch right out, and heals fast.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks bad. Fortunately not fatal though. Only thing that gets to me is Yellow Jackets. Hate them suckers. Clorox does work as does ammonia to relieve the itch. Even works well on mosquito bites. By the way, what's an Epi pen?

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Sonny Thomas

Default Ouchie!!!!!

Unlike bees, wasps can sting you all they want as their stinger doesn't pull out.